Folding down window......

Old July 15th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Paul

Default Folding down window......

I've had two jeeps, and never folded down the front window. After you
fold it down is there any way of securing it, so it stays put. Is this
not recommended at high speeds? I have a yj now and was wondering if
any one has done it. I saw somone the other day with theirs down
scooting around town. Just curious any info? Thanks

Old July 15th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Troy

When I got my jeep from the dealership it came with a strap that you tie the
windshield down to the hood. There should be a loop above the window on the
inside and a loop on your hood. They don't want you to drive it on-road, or
even at high speed with the windshield down. It's only for off-road from
what I've read and heard.

Troy

oups.com...

Old July 15th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

I haven't your specific answer but FWIW I spent enough time in the back of
trucks as a youth and on motorcycles as an adult to where I'm not interested
in collecting any more bugs. They hurt when they hit you and don't taste
very good either.

oups.com...

Old July 15th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

That's how we use to be able to tell a happy cop.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

You tie it down with the footman loop on the hood and windshield frame.
It is neat to drive with no doors and the window down, but you really
have to watch for trees and bugs. I ran mine up to about 50 mph, then
it becomes a serious wind tunnel effect. Worse than on a bike.

Your YJ has the extra sport bar pieces to remove. That can be a real
pain the first time. You also need to measure the rake on the window
before taking it apart or the doors and roof won't fit right. I guess
you could just mark where the bars currently are so the slip joint at
the back go back in the same place.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old July 15th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Paul

Thanks , That helps a lot.