Bug bomb?

Old May 27th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Default Bug bomb?

Any reason I shouldn't use one to eliminate the mosquitoes nesting somewhere
in my car?

Old May 27th 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2009-05-27, Frank Berger > wrote:

> Any reason I shouldn't use one to eliminate the mosquitoes
> nesting somewhere in my car?

Yes: mosquitos don't nest.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! If I pull this SWITCH
at I'll be RITA HAYWORTH!!
Old May 27th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> Any reason I shouldn't use one to eliminate the mosquitoes nesting
> somewhere in my car?

The smell is going to be pretty horrific, you'll have to set off the
bomb, then close up the car.

Give it time to work then open everything up and drive around with the
vents blowing on max, then the AC on max, then the heater on max.
Repeat until the smell is tolerable.

I wonder if you couldn't get equal results by just spraying around in a
few strategic spots. Does the car have AC? Is the condensate drain
open? That might create a stagnant pool for mosquitoes to breed...

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old May 27th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> Any reason I shouldn't use one to eliminate the mosquitoes nesting somewhere
> in my car?

If mosquitoes are breeding, it's because there's undisturbed standing
water. If you've driven the car at all in the past nine days, look
elsewhere for the mosquito problem, 'cause they aren't pupating in your
car.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old May 28th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

or perhaps the rain rail drains are clogged and there is standing water in
the rain rail funnels on each end of the rain rail (under the carpet flap on
the rear at each end of the top before the rear of the side windows... good
description and pictures of the issue can be found here...
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=330455

. ..

Old May 28th 09, 06:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article > ,
> "Frank Berger" > wrote:
>
>> Any reason I shouldn't use one to eliminate the mosquitoes nesting
>> somewhere in my car?

> If mosquitoes are breeding, it's because there's undisturbed standing
> water. If you've driven the car at all in the past nine days, look
> elsewhere for the mosquito problem, 'cause they aren't pupating in
> your car.

The car is parked outside under a carport. There is no standing water
nearby. I have never heard water sloshing around in the rocker panels.
Nothing is wet that I have seen. When the AC is on, water collects under
the car, so that drain seems ok. All I know is that there are many, many
mosqitoes in the car every morning. I'll check to see the drains are
working. I'm leery of the bug bomb, but I'm tired of the bugs.

Old May 28th 09, 01:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

> All I know is that there are many, many mosqitoes in the car every
> morning.

Sounds like a job for "Jeep Hoods OFF".

(Ok, that's my worst one ever. Even I admit it.)

miker

Old May 28th 09, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
"miker" > wrote:

> Sounds like a job for "Jeep Hoods OFF".
>
> (Ok, that's my worst one ever. Even I admit it.)

I like it!

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO