speedometer recalibration

Old March 22nd 04, 03:12 AM
Dies Deambulo

Default speedometer recalibration

I've changed the tires on my F250 4WD 2000 SuperDuty from
LT285R75-16's to LT325R80-16's. The Speedometer was accurate before
and is about 15 percent off now. Ford said my tires are too big for
them to recalibrate my speedometer. (they are 36.5inches in diameter
and the limit is 35) I've heard about a device called Tru-Speed that
changes this but several people have told me that it is not very
accurate. (not to mention that it's almost $200!) I've got a western
diesel chip installed so changing to something like a hypertech would
be very expensive too.
So anyone have any suggestions as to how I can recalibrate my
speedometer?

thanks,

Robert
If time is the 4th dimension, then money is the 5th dimension.
We are always concerned about dollars per hour for the space we occupy.
- Rod White
Old March 24th 04, 02:17 AM
AZGuy

Take a look at this site.

www.terf.com

--
Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the
establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . .
Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of
the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order
to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House
of Representatives, August 17, 1789
Old March 24th 04, 02:17 AM
AZGuy

of Representatives, August 17, 1789