Is *everyone* in Colorado a drunkard?

Old April 1st 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Is *everyone* in Colorado a drunkard?

> http://www.thecherrycreeknews.com/content/view/433/2/

St. Pat's -- 452 DUI arrests

St. Pat's -- 452 DUI arrests
Written by State Patrol / CDOT
Tuesday, 21 March 2006
The Heat Is On campaign made 452 DUI arrests during its St. Patrick's
Day DUI enforcement period, reports the Colorado Department of
Transportation (CDOT). The preliminary DUI arrests are reported from
the Colorado State Patrol and 50 police and sheriff's departments
participating in the campaign.
The arrests came during an enforcement period that started at 6 p.m. on
Friday, March 17, 2006 and ended at 3 a.m. on Monday, March 20. The
Colorado State Patrol made 121 DUI arrests. The Denver Police
Department made 31 DUI arrests.

In El Paso County, agencies made 67 DUI arrests. The El Paso County
Sheriff's Office made 14 DUI arrests and the Colorado Springs Police
Department made 49 DUI arrests. The Monument Police Department made
three DUI arrests. The Manitou Springs Police Departments made one DUI
arrest.

In Boulder County, four agencies made 37 DUI arrests. The Sheriff's
Office made six DUI arrests and the Boulder Police Department each made
22 DUI arrests. The Longmont Police Department made six DUI arrests.
The Lafayette Police Department made three DUI arrests.

In Jefferson County, four agencies made 30 DUI arrests. The Lakewood
Police Department made 15 DUI arrests and the Jefferson County
Sheriff's Office made nine DUI arrests. The Edgewater Police
Departments made four DUI arrests and the Golden Police Department made
two DUI arrests.

In Larimer County, three agencies made 30 DUI arrests. The Sheriff's
Office made six DUI arrests and the Fort Collins Police Department made
19 DUI arrests. The Loveland Police Department made five DUI arrests.

In Adams County, four agencies made 29 DUI arrests. The Adams County
Sheriff's Office made 16 DUI arrests and Thornton Police Department
made six DUI arrests. The Brighton and Commerce City Police Departments
each made four and three DUI arrests, respectively.

In Arapahoe County three agencies made 29 DUI arrests. The Arapahoe
County Sheriff's Office made 14 DUI arrests and the Aurora Police
Department made eight DUI arrests. The Greenwood Village Police
Department made seven DUI arrests.

In Weld County, three agencies made 12 DUI arrests. The Sheriff's
Office made four DUI arrests and the Greeley Police Department made
seven DUI arrests. The Erie Police Department made one DUI arrest.

In Mesa County, the Sheriff's Office made four DUI arrests and the
Grand Junction Police Department reported three DUI Arrests.

For a complete list of DUI arrests by enforcement agencies statewide,
visit www.dot.state.co.us/trafficsafety/ and click on DUI Enforcement.
Choose St. Patrick's Day 2006 for the Enforcement Period and click on
View Report.

The Heat Is On campaign made 521 DUI arrests during the 2005 St.
Patrick's Day enforcement period which was slightly longer than this
year's enforcement period. Last year's enforcement started at 11
a.m. on Thursday, St. Patrick's Day and ended at 3 a.m. on Sunday
morning. This year St. Patrick's Day fell on a Friday night and
agencies made 187 arrests, while last year on St. Patrick's Day, a
Thursday night, agencies made 174 DUI arrests. The next Heat Is On
enforcement period will be for Memorial Day weekend.

Old April 1st 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Aunt Judy likes it in the rear:
>
> St. Pat's -- 452 DUI arrests
> Written by State Patrol / CDOT
> Tuesday, 21 March 2006
> The Heat Is On campaign made 452 DUI arrests during its St. Patrick's
> Day DUI enforcement period, reports the Colorado Department of
> Transportation (CDOT). The preliminary DUI arrests are reported from
> the Colorado State Patrol and 50 police and sheriff's departments
> participating in the campaign.

<remanider snipped>

Well, how else to you deal with the dual whammy of living in a frozen
tundra like CO *and* the possibility that that abomination of nature,
aunt judy, might be your neighbor???
Old April 1st 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:

> Well, how else to you deal with the dual whammy of living in a frozen
> tundra like CO *and* the possibility that that abomination of nature,
> aunt judy, might be your neighbor???

Hey, thanks for the reality check. Just sharing the same continent with
Aunt Judy makes me want to drink a case before I drive home tonight.