RECALL on 2002 Explorer....

Old December 14th 04, 06:50 AM
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

Default RECALL on 2002 Explorer....

Finally got Ford to do the recall on the rear window hardware (gas struts
and hinges).
Be advised there is ANOTHER recall coming down the line (if you have not
gotten it already).
The painted area under the window is plastic, painted to match the body
color. Ford admits they have been cracking, usually directly under the wiper
motor. mine was cracking to the left of it about 8 inches away.
At first it looks like you scratched it good, then you eyeball it in the sun
(or bright light) and you notice it's spreading downward.
If you bring it in before the 3 Yr/36K miles Ford WILL replace it for free.
Check yours ASAP. I don't use the rear window much and mine did it.

Old December 14th 04, 01:33 PM
wth

Our '02 cracked last winter, right down the center of the "FORD" emblem.
Crack was wide enough to place a nickel in it. When the dealer replaced it,
they applied the adhesive up and down in a "w" fashion, so now water gets
trapped in the "w's" and won't drain out the drain holes at each corner
until you open the glass or the entire rear door.
wth

. com...

Old December 14th 04, 10:38 PM
relic

DID THEY REPLACE IT WITH ANOTHER PLASTIC PIECE OR METAL

Old December 14th 04, 10:39 PM
relic

DID THEY REPLACE IT WITH THE SAME MATERIAL OF METAL

Old December 16th 04, 04:06 AM
wth

Plastic
lkabouttrucks.com...