I want a syncro!

Old December 22nd 04, 10:21 AM
David Gravereaux

Default I want a syncro!

http://www.fastforward.ca/gallery/0804TriStar.jpg

Ain't that puurty? I wonder if the owner tossed the wasserboxer for a
TDI diesel?
--
David Gravereaux >
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
Old December 22nd 04, 10:26 AM
Mark

"David Gravereaux" > wrote in message
> http://www.fastforward.ca/gallery/0804TriStar.jpg
>
> Ain't that puurty? I wonder if the owner tossed the wasserboxer for a
> TDI diesel?
> --
> David Gravereaux >
> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]

I want 1 too!
Mark

Old December 22nd 04, 11:26 AM
Busman

That rocks! Odd, I've never been a fan of Vanagons. Are those still being
brought in in the Pacific northwest?
Andy

Old December 22nd 04, 12:52 PM

i hope you have lots of time & no place to be. Vanagons re great hobbies

Old December 22nd 04, 12:55 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

On 12/22/2004 3:26 AM Busman wrote:

> That rocks! Odd, I've never been a fan of Vanagons. Are those still being
> brought in in the Pacific northwest?

To paraphrase the Old Sea Captain:

'Tis not a Vanagon -- 'tis a remorseless money-eating machine!

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
Old December 22nd 04, 03:16 PM
John Connolly

they are very expensive to MAINTAIN (and buy).

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Old December 22nd 04, 04:37 PM
K5

"David Gravereaux" > wrote in message
> http://www.fastforward.ca/gallery/0804TriStar.jpg

I casually looked at a vanagon syncro once. Very cool. Hate to say it
though but a F150 crewcab 4x would be more economical, reliable and
functional.

Old December 22nd 04, 05:13 PM
David Gravereaux

"K5" > wrote:

>"David Gravereaux" > wrote in message
.. .
>> http://www.fastforward.ca/gallery/0804TriStar.jpg

>I casually looked at a vanagon syncro once. Very cool. Hate to say it
>though but a F150 crewcab 4x would be more economical, reliable and
>functional.

Just engine swap.. The 1.9L Turbo A3 Diesel Injection Engine seems to be
the preferred upgrade.

http://www.fastforward.ca/vanagonconversion/default.htm
Old December 22nd 04, 06:01 PM
John Connolly

reliable yes
economical MAYBE
functional not even close!

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Old December 22nd 04, 06:17 PM

Can you put a type1 1600 engine in a vanagon?