Moderator??

Old November 29th 04, 04:22 PM
Dana Rohleder

Default Moderator??

I believe the moderator(s) of this group should reel in some of the
off-topic and flame conversations & threads on this forum.
--
Dana C. Rohleder
Port Kent, NY

Old November 29th 04, 04:43 PM
Art

Good idea but there is no moderator.

Old November 29th 04, 11:34 PM
Rev Turd Fredericks

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:22:46 -0500, "Dana Rohleder"
> wrote:

>I believe the moderator(s) of this group should reel in some of the
>off-topic and flame conversations & threads on this forum.

You are your own moderator. Learn to use your killfile and then use
it! Otherwise, STFU.
Old November 30th 04, 06:16 AM
Gary Kirchherr

In article >,
"Dana Rohleder" > wrote:

> I believe the moderator(s) of this group should reel in some of the
> off-topic and flame conversations & threads on this forum.

The delightful irony here is, you've just started such a conversation
yourself.

-G.K.
Old November 30th 04, 04:51 PM

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:34:37 GMT, Rev Turd Fredericks
> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:22:46 -0500, "Dana Rohleder"
> wrote:
>
>>I believe the moderator(s) of this group should reel in some of the
>>off-topic and flame conversations & threads on this forum.

>You are your own moderator. Learn to use your killfile and then use
>it! Otherwise, STFU.

Wow

Old December 1st 04, 02:13 PM
Dana Rohleder

Or, just maybe, I was trying to improve the group. Unfortunately, the idiots
in the group used it as an opportunity to show how little they care. It used
to be newsgroups had to have a real person (moderator) that was responsible
for the group before it would be granted access to the various newsgroup
services.

--
Dana

Old December 1st 04, 03:52 PM
Dana Rohleder

The 'jerk-be-gone' feature of my newsreader works well also, Turd. But
before long, this group will be as lame as most of the others if a little
decorum can't be used.
Dana

news

Old December 1st 04, 03:52 PM
Jonnie Santos

I assumed you were trying to improve the group.

There's always been both unmoderated and moderated newsgroups in the years
I've surfed - however I've never spent the time to research all the why's
and how's.

If you have a Saturn and or are interested in the car and company, this is
still a good place to hang out (imo).

Old December 4th 04, 01:28 PM
Sandra Ayres

"Jonnie Santos" > wrote in message

> If you have a Saturn and or are interested in the car and company, this is
> still a good place to hang out (imo).

Surprisingly, it is. Over the years I have unsubscribed to many groups as
they became unusable. This group is still useful to me as the S/N ratio has
not gotten out of hand.

-David