2000 LS2 codes

Old November 23rd 04, 04:22 AM
David

Default 2000 LS2 codes

We have a 2000 LS2 with the 3.0 Litre SAAB V6 engine.
The SES light is on most of the time. The Service Wrench comes on
occassionally.
The codes indicate lean fuel mixture on both banks and random misfires. The
computer can't identify which cylinders are misfiring. (Not enough misfire
on any cylinder to set the code for that cylinder.)
The dealer wants to replace fuel filter, spark plugs, plug wiring and
catalytic converter for well over $2,000.
The car runs nice, except for the SES (idiot!) light. There is no
indication of any probelms except for the SES light.

Have any of you had any experience with the LS2?
Thanks

Old December 1st 04, 06:30 AM
NoSetFine

I'm no mechanic, but unless the spark plugs are made ENTIRELY of platinum
instead of just the tips - I'm guessing about $1,900 of that is the cost of
replacing the converter.

Maybe replace everything (including your mechanic) except the converter
first and see what happens. I thought I read/learned once somewhere that a
fuel failure at the top end can damage the converter - however, I'm trying
to understand how that would affect the engine, as it's just for the
emissions. Does the engine read the emissions AFTER the converter and
adjust itself...?

hm.
-e