Demo or new?

Old October 17th 04, 04:32 PM
Rich

Default Demo or new?

Would appreciate opinions

Would you go for a new 04 lx for $18,000,
or
a Demo (3500 Mi) EX ,sunroof,alloy wheels,steering wheel radio
control,power acc.option,cd changer etc....
the sale price is $22,000. What do you think a good price would be??

Thanks in Advance

Rich

Old October 17th 04, 09:51 PM
Ernest Cassirer

LX or EX "what"?

Old October 18th 04, 01:05 AM
Keith J

.....based on the prices, I'm guessing Accord or CR-V. Either way, the EX
doesn't seem like that much of a price break for 3500 miles. Rich, it all
comes down to if you want the "pluses" of the EX. How much of a discount is
the demo EX to a new EX?

I'd consider 3500 miles a used vehicle and should be priced as such. I can
see maybe 200 miles as a new vehicle, but 3500, heck, it should've already
had its first oil change a long time ago. (I've heard that the first oil
change should be around 2000 miles to flush out the tiny metal shaving in
the engine due to manufacturing.)

-keith

Old October 18th 04, 02:51 AM
Steve Bigelow

"Keith J" > wrote in message

> had its first oil change a long time ago. (I've heard that the first oil
> change should be around 2000 miles to flush out the tiny metal shaving in
> the engine due to manufacturing.)

If you thought there was "tiny metal shavings" in your engine oil, why would
you allow them to circulate for 2000 miles?

Old October 18th 04, 03:33 AM
Rich

Sorry guys!
It is an Accord,
The car demo has never been titled.
I want to make an offer Tues or Wed, just wasn't sure where it start.
Thanks again.

Old October 18th 04, 08:34 AM
Ernest Cassirer

The first oil change on my 2004 Civic was not till 5000 miles minimum. This
was per the dealer service mgr.,to let the break in oil do its thing.
Then,about every 3500 miles for mainly short distance or stop and go
driving.

Old October 18th 04, 02:13 PM
dragon

--"Rich" > wrote in message
> Would appreciate opinions
>
> Would you go for a new 04 lx for $18,000,
> or
> a Demo (3500 Mi) EX ,sunroof,alloy wheels,steering wheel radio
> control,power acc.option,cd changer etc....
> the sale price is $22,000. What do you think a good price would be??
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Rich

If I were u, I would go for the LX... the demo car probably has already been
driven by a bunch of people some of whom even don't know how to drive..if
you really want the EX then consider a used (1 owner!) one..Besides, I don't
think all those pluses (sunroof etc..) worth $4K on a demo car

ahmet

Old October 18th 04, 03:17 PM
He Hate Retard and Moron

I was once offered a demo with 75000 miles on the odometer.

I told him to go f himself and bought a brand new one.

Do not write below this line. Reserved for me.

Old October 21st 04, 01:28 AM
Steve Bigelow

"He Hate Retard and Moron" > wrote in message
>I was once offered a demo with 75000 miles on the odometer.
>
> I told him to go f himself and bought a brand new one.

A bicycle with an odo?

Cool!