Parts: 01-04 Caravan

Old February 24th 05, 01:53 AM
Vash the Stampede

Default Parts: 01-04 Caravan

These parts are going on E-Bay tomorrow, I'll offer them here first:
ALL FOR PASSENGER'S SIDE! (Right side of vehicle)

Headlight/Marker light assembly
Brand new, still has protective cover on it.
$45 + 20 Shipping

Taillight
Used but excellent condition no scratches or clouding
$40 + 20 Shipping

Mirror (not sure if electric, I believe so)
Decent shape, minor scratches, very few scratches
$50+25 shipping

E-Mail me at:

please, before 11 AM Eastern time. After that, they are going on E-Bay,
starting at the prices listed above.

Since I am a 'member' of this group, I am offering them here first.

Thanks.

Old February 24th 05, 07:53 AM
2.3Sleeper

I can buy a brand new taillight for $34.95 from Cert-a-fit.

Don Manning

Old February 24th 05, 03:52 PM
hachiroku

So can I...this is OEM.

--
Hachi
. com...

Old February 25th 05, 03:59 AM
2.3Sleeper

OEM?? HAHA, I just looked and I can see no noticeable difference between the
two.

I never understand why people waste money on a recent style car for OEM
parts that are 3 or 4 times more expensive than aftermarket.

But, to each his own, right?

Old February 25th 05, 04:27 AM
Vash the Stampede

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:59:01 +0000, 2.3Sleeper wrote:

> OEM?? HAHA, I just looked and I can see no noticeable difference between the
> two.
>
> I never understand why people waste money on a recent style car for OEM
> parts that are 3 or 4 times more expensive than aftermarket.
>
> But, to each his own, right?

It's called Fitment. Obviously, you don't do a lot. I do this every day.
Yeah, some parts fit well, but others don't. If you're buying OEM then you
KNOW it's going to fit, and will probably last a LOT longer.

As I said, you don't do this often, do you?
I do, and every day. Yeah, I buy a LOT from Certi-fit. And I return a
lot, too.

And as far as price? LHS taillight. IF Certi-fit had HAD it, it would have
been $69. Gee, I got it brand new from Chrysler for.....uh...$69! Imagine
that. And the front turn signal Didn't...Quite...Fit...was that a snap I
heard? But it WAS $20 cheaper.

Old February 25th 05, 07:45 AM
2.3Sleeper

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:59:01 +0000, 2.3Sleeper wrote:
>
> > OEM?? HAHA, I just looked and I can see no noticeable difference between

the
> > two.
> >
> > I never understand why people waste money on a recent style car for OEM
> > parts that are 3 or 4 times more expensive than aftermarket.
> >
> > But, to each his own, right?

> It's called Fitment. Obviously, you don't do a lot. I do this every day.
> Yeah, some parts fit well, but others don't. If you're buying OEM then you
> KNOW it's going to fit, and will probably last a LOT longer.
>
> As I said, you don't do this often, do you?
> I do, and every day. Yeah, I buy a LOT from Certi-fit. And I return a
> lot, too.

Just so happened I bought the RHS taillight for my GC from them and it was
34.95 I believe. Maybe OKC is a bit cheaper? As for not doing this much,
depends. More than most people on my street? Or more than you? Doubtful more
than you, but I have been through about 8 cars with them in half as many
years and I have only had one problem. That was a front bumper cover for a
88 Mustang LX. One of the holes was off. On the other hand, I bought an OEM
fender from Ford for the same LX and had to put the holes in to actually
attach it to the frame and structure. Even the spot where the rubber plug
goes in for the hood to rest on had to be cut in. I bought the right fender
from Cert and it had everything but the rubber plug hole. I am not knocking
OEM, believe me. I just believe that going the cheaper route is better when
the part is of the same or at least incredibly close quality.

Don Manning

Old February 25th 05, 04:52 PM
hachiroku

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:45:56 +0000, 2.3Sleeper wrote:

> "Vash the Stampede" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:59:01 +0000, 2.3Sleeper wrote:
>>
>> > OEM?? HAHA, I just looked and I can see no noticeable difference between

> the
>> > two.
>> >
>> > I never understand why people waste money on a recent style car for OEM
>> > parts that are 3 or 4 times more expensive than aftermarket.
>> >
>> > But, to each his own, right?

>> It's called Fitment. Obviously, you don't do a lot. I do this every day.
>> Yeah, some parts fit well, but others don't. If you're buying OEM then you
>> KNOW it's going to fit, and will probably last a LOT longer.
>>
>> As I said, you don't do this often, do you?
>> I do, and every day. Yeah, I buy a LOT from Certi-fit. And I return a
>> lot, too.

> Just so happened I bought the RHS taillight for my GC from them and it was
> 34.95 I believe. Maybe OKC is a bit cheaper? As for not doing this much,
> depends. More than most people on my street? Or more than you? Doubtful more
> than you, but I have been through about 8 cars with them in half as many
> years and I have only had one problem. That was a front bumper cover for a
> 88 Mustang LX. One of the holes was off. On the other hand, I bought an OEM
> fender from Ford for the same LX and had to put the holes in to actually
> attach it to the frame and structure. Even the spot where the rubber plug
> goes in for the hood to rest on had to be cut in. I bought the right fender
> from Cert and it had everything but the rubber plug hole. I am not knocking
> OEM, believe me. I just believe that going the cheaper route is better when
> the part is of the same or at least incredibly close quality.
>
> Don Manning

OK. I was beginning to worry you were a Troll!!!

Ya know, I don't have a LOT of heartburn with Certi-Fit, we use them all
the time. There are TWO items I don't like to see coming from them or
Veng:
The bumper covers, as you mentioned, and Chrome plated bumpers found on a
lot of the trucks. As you mentioned, we have a LOT of trouble with the
bumper covers, BUT, a friend of mine needed one for a '92 Merc Marquis; he
was impatient and bought it from Ford for $389!!! A Certifit unit was
$49.99!!! Both needed painting, but I'll save $340 any day!!!

They are a bitch, though. As you say, holes are often not where they
should be, no hardware (so you'd better have it all), and sometimes it
takes a LOT to get the paint to take! We had one we had to strip 3 times
before it looked good.

And the Chrome bumpers. If we have a truck that needs a bumper, we'd
better sell it FAST, because they will begin to rust if we don't sell tham
in 6-8 months (it DOES happen occasionally). They fit well, but just
aren't made as well as OEM. I'd rather go junkyard diving!

We also bought a Ford P/U bedside for the boss' 'vintage' 1978. (it's a
pulling truck...). Damn gas door was in the totally WRONG place.

So, be careful with aftermarket. All in all, I personally have had very
few problems, but professionally we probably return 1/3 of what we buy
aftermarket.

John

Old February 27th 05, 04:03 PM
Kevin