Wheeling in Central/Northern Idaho?

Old February 4th 05, 04:56 AM
jbjeep

Default Wheeling in Central/Northern Idaho?

Looking for some wheeling in Central/Northern Idaho. Either for some long trails
(2-3 days) or an area with a lot of trails where we could spend a few days. Anyone
have any ideas they can point me at??
Thanks.
-jenn
Old February 4th 05, 06:06 PM
Jeff Strickland

I have no specific help for you, but I was stationed in Mountain Home back
in the mid-'70s, and the entire state is one giant offroad park. Most of the
state is a National Forest, and offroad opportunities abound. You'll have no
trouble finding places to explore.

Old February 5th 05, 12:02 AM
Tom T

Get a map and start looking for those roads marked with grey lines. I
was in
West Yellowstone several years ago and wanted to see Lemhi Pass. The
shortest route was across several of these grey line roads. Wow, what a
trip
it turned out to be. The wild life and scenery of this wilderness area
was great.
I never made it to the top of Lemhi Pass because of snow deeper than I
could
handle without a snow blower. I promised my wife that some day we'll
return
and make it to the top and explore other landmarks in the area. The
route I took
was past upper and lower Red Rock Lakes from West Yellowstone to Lemhi.
Tom T