Need help with BMW 740i wheel vibration problem

Old March 1st 05, 01:25 PM
TexasAg90

Default Need help with BMW 740i wheel vibration problem

Hello;

I really need some help with this tire vibration problem...

Post on Bimmerfest:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89450

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Old March 1st 05, 02:50 PM
Rick De Visser

Must be a bad tire or bent rim, maybe why they were originally a 'pull off'.
Also, make sure all mounting surfaces are smooth and clean.
Tires are sometimes defective, trick is to figure out which one.
Could coincidentally be a drive train component that showed up at the same
time as your tires; ensure all joints and shafts are free and balanced (as a
last resort).

oups.com...

Old December 1st 05, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I have a problem with front wheel vibration when decelerating from about 50
mph. Wheel balancing and replacement of front discs hasn't made any
difference. The cars an 'M' reg. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Old December 1st 05, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"beamerdriver" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I have a problem with front wheel vibration when decelerating from about

50
> mph. Wheel balancing and replacement of front discs hasn't made any
> difference. The cars an 'M' reg. Any suggestions would be welcome.
>
> Thanks

Could be your tires. That seems to be a number one complaint.

I would also examine the front end components carefully. Includes
steering components, ends, links and ball joints...any or all of
which apply.

Looseness can allow a vibration to be set up at certain speeds or
under acceleration or braking.