Finally saw an '05 up close...

Old January 31st 05, 09:24 PM
Garth Almgren

Default Finally saw an '05 up close...

A Screaming Yellow V6, owned by the mom of a friend of mine. I'd seen
two or three on the roads around here, but never up close. Plus, I even
got a ride in it.

Pictures don't do it enough justice; my initial reaction has been
confirmed: the new Mustang is drop dead _gorgeous_. And in yellow, it
*really* stands out in a parking lot.

A couple interesting thing I noticed when he parked it next to my
V6stang. One, the profile and proportions of the '05 and the FOX
hatchbacks (both are un-spoilered) are almost identical. It was almost
eerie. Two, that my car really needs to be washed.

All in all, I think Ford has done a great job with new Mustang, gently
and exquisitely blending the best styling features of past Mustangs with
modern technology into a very well-rounded package.

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Old January 31st 05, 09:58 PM
JohnH

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:24:39 -0800, Garth Almgren >
wrote:

>A Screaming Yellow V6, owned by the mom of a friend of mine. I'd seen
>two or three on the roads around here, but never up close. Plus, I even
>got a ride in it.
>
>Pictures don't do it enough justice; my initial reaction has been
>confirmed: the new Mustang is drop dead _gorgeous_. And in yellow, it
>*really* stands out in a parking lot.
>
>A couple interesting thing I noticed when he parked it next to my
>V6stang. One, the profile and proportions of the '05 and the FOX
>hatchbacks (both are un-spoilered) are almost identical. It was almost
>eerie. Two, that my car really needs to be washed.
>
>All in all, I think Ford has done a great job with new Mustang, gently
>and exquisitely blending the best styling features of past Mustangs with
>modern technology into a very well-rounded package.

You obviously have good taste!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Old February 1st 05, 12:28 AM
dwight

"Garth Almgren" > wrote in message

> Pictures don't do it enough justice; my initial reaction has been
> confirmed: the new Mustang is drop dead _gorgeous_.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. I know people like that.

dwight
(unfortunately for me, pictures DO do me justice)

Old February 6th 05, 01:43 AM
Bill Jones

"Garth Almgren" > wrote in message
>A Screaming Yellow V6, owned by the mom of a friend of mine. I'd seen two
>or three on the roads around here, but never up close. Plus, I even got a
>ride in it.
>
> Pictures don't do it enough justice; my initial reaction has been
> confirmed: the new Mustang is drop dead _gorgeous_. And in yellow, it
> *really* stands out in a parking lot.

Agreed! The '05 definitely looks better in person. The yellow one is
awesome, but then so are most of the other colors I've seen. I've seen
several GTs in dealer lots since December, but just saw my first '05 GT on
the road today! A redfire model. Very nice.

-Bill J.
95 GT