save on gas big time and it is FREE

Old May 28th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dipstick

Default save on gas big time and it is FREE

Texas panhandle now. I was in New Mexico for most of the 55 limit
days. Texas even passed a law that a ticket for 25 or less over the
limit wasn't 'speeding,' it was just 'wasting energy.' You still had
to pay, but it didn't go on your driving record. You folks in the more
populous areas of the country have no idea how tough it is to drive
Amarillo to Albuquerque at 55MPH!

Old May 28th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dori A Schmetterling[_2_]

Doesn't resistance rise as the square of the velocity?

Yes, just found it.
http://www.seed.slb.com/qa2/FAQView.cfm?ID=858

DAS

---
"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote in message
[...]
You

Old May 29th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

That's right. You can also see the whole drag coefficient equation he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_coefficient

Speed has a greater-than-proportional effect on fuel economy. It's
significant. Not nearly as significant as carpooling, though. You can
triple your gas mileage just by taking two other guys with you to work,
driving as fast as you want to.

Old May 29th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Robert Reynolds

Joe wrote:
> That's right. You can also see the whole drag coefficient equation he
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_coefficient
>
> Speed has a greater-than-proportional effect on fuel economy. It's
> significant. Not nearly as significant as carpooling, though. You can
> triple your gas mileage just by taking two other guys with you to work,
> driving as fast as you want to.

My brother in law used to carpool with a good friend, 45 minutes each
way. They would drive my brother in law's Corolla one week and his
friend's International Scout the next. They didn't complain about gas
mileage because they were saving so much money. I'm sure it was nice
having somebody to talk to for almost an hour, too.
Old May 30th 07, 09:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

"philthy" > wrote in message
> hey ted i used to ride my honda xr 350on the frozen lakes and it's speedo
> went to 110
> ever do a 100 on a bike,

Yes, not regularly, though.

> hoollly smokes talk about having to hold on to the
> bars

You have to work up to it. Do a few months of freeway
riding and your arms will get a lot stronger, then it's doable.
But, it isn't safe unless you have fine grained control and you
won't get that unless your tucked down.

Ted

Old May 31st 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

my arms are plenty steon since i have been wrenching for 25 years and raced mx
35 years

Old May 31st 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dori A Schmetterling[_2_]

Car-pooling waas/is well-developed in some countries, for non-commuters.

When I lived in Hamburg (Germany, that is) in the early eighties I used to
travel to Berlin sometimes. Through a car-sharing organisation I would
sometimes carry paying passengers, who made a useful contribution to my trip
costs. They may not even have had a car.

DAS

---
[...]

Old May 31st 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

In Australia a few decades ago the insurance companies treated even car
pooling as a case of "...for profit or reward" (or some such wording;
i.e., when B gives A a ride in exchange for A having given B a ride, A
is receiving a reward) and insisted that the car owner would have to pay
insurance premiums as though (s)he were running a taxi service. I don't
know whether things have changed there since I left.

Perce

Old June 1st 07, 10:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

> Car-pooling waas/is well-developed in some countries, for non-commuters.
>
> When I lived in Hamburg (Germany, that is) in the early eighties I used to
> travel to Berlin sometimes. Through a car-sharing organisation I would
> sometimes carry paying passengers, who made a useful contribution to my trip
> costs. They may not even have had a car.

Just curious, Dori - at what point would the German gov't consider you a
taxi service and require you to get a business/taxi license?

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old June 2nd 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

Well, here in the States, our level of denial is such that email chain
letters are being forwarded around with stupid schemes like "let's stick it
to the oil companies by not buying any gas on July 13th" or some other kind
of rot. "Send this to everybody you know!" I haven't seen any emails
saying "let's stick it to the oil companies! Ride your bike to work for the
next 20 years! Buy a small car the next 15 times you need a car! That'll
show 'em! Forward this to everybody you know!"

So this thread is a bright spot. It even started out suggesting something
that actually works.

I've had college-educated people tell me that "They just know" that GM and
Ford are in some conspiracy with Exxon and Chevron to make sure a new pickup
gets only 12 mpg. It alarms me just how stupid people are about certain
subjects.

"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
> Car-pooling waas/is well-developed in some countries, for non-commuters.
>
> When I lived in Hamburg (Germany, that is) in the early eighties I used
> to travel to Berlin sometimes. Through a car-sharing organisation I would
> sometimes carry paying passengers, who made a useful contribution to my
> trip costs. They may not even have had a car.
>
> DAS
>
> For direct replies replace nospam with schmetterling
> ---
> "Robert Reynolds" > wrote in message
> [...]
>>
>> My brother in law used to carpool with a good friend, 45 minutes each
>> way. They would drive my brother in law's Corolla one week and his
>> friend's International Scout the next. They didn't complain about gas
>> mileage because they were saving so much money. I'm sure it was nice
>> having somebody to talk to for almost an hour, too.

Track and manage ALL of your finances and save time doing it. Professional Wealth management services. General User Alfa Romeo 0 September 17th 06 03:18 AM
Cost of cheap rebuilds - how to save $50 and spend $1400 at the same time Ted Mittelstaedt Chrysler 12 September 11th 05 05:51 PM
JETTA GLS WAGON 2002 2.0 SAVE Warranty FREE SHIP ? VW water cooled 0 June 15th 05 05:49 PM
save so much time CJ 4x4 1 May 18th 05 02:06 AM
Proper Engine Lubrication / Oil Additives,use XCT-14Z its free for a limited time!!!!!!!!!!! [email protected] Technology 2 January 21st 05 12:22 AM