to limp or not to limp?

Old June 6th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
lennita

Default to limp or not to limp?

Hi sorry about may english. i'm from mexico
i have a stratus 2.5 with a604 (41te). Yesterday i start the engine
and always go to 2.500 rpm and inmediatly go down to 700 rpm, wich is
normal i think, but yesterday when i start the engine inmediatly put
the Reverse while the motor was about to 2500 rpm and the shift
was'nt smooth, then put the autostick and the trainy come on limp
mode.
I drive for a while and turn off the engine and the same, "limp mode",
but I insisted in shifts until the tranny began to shift normaly. Then
go to highway to test the tranny and everything ok. the computer don't
display any error code.
So, do I should be worry?
wath could happen?
was my fault because of shift that way the reverse?
I often go to highway and I'm worry about a possible problem
I have 250 miles with the car and when i received change to atf-3
fluid and original mopar filter
Thank you for your comments

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
-------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------

Old June 7th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

lennita wrote:

> Hi sorry about may english. i'm from mexico
> i have a stratus 2.5 with a604 (41te). Yesterday i start the engine
> and always go to 2.500 rpm and inmediatly go down to 700 rpm, wich is
> normal i think, but yesterday when i start the engine inmediatly put
> the Reverse while the motor was about to 2500 rpm and the shift
> was'nt smooth, then put the autostick and the trainy come on limp
> mode.
> I drive for a while and turn off the engine and the same, "limp mode",
> but I insisted in shifts until the tranny began to shift normaly. Then
> go to highway to test the tranny and everything ok. the computer don't
> display any error code.
> So, do I should be worry?
> wath could happen?
> was my fault because of shift that way the reverse?
> I often go to highway and I'm worry about a possible problem
> I have 250 miles with the car and when i received change to atf-3
> fluid and original mopar filter
> Thank you for your comments
>

> -------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
> ---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
> -------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------

What year is your Stratus? How many miles are on it?

If the problem does not return, then don't worry about it. If the
problem returns, try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and
then reconnecting it. If the problem still returns after disconnecting
the battery, you may have a bad transmission speed sensor. If the
speedometer still works when it is in limp mode, then the problem would
be a bad input speed sensor. If the speedometer does not work when it
is in limp mode, then replace the output speed sensor.

ATF+4 would be better than ATF+3, but ATF+3 would not cause your
problem. Also the filter should be changed when the fluid is changed.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')