just a dumb question

Old December 14th 05, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default just a dumb question

i have 2000 xls 4.0l ohv i was replacing some bulbs in my instrument
cluster today when i removed the trim panel around the cluster the one
with the head light switch in it there was a connector plugged in on the
opposite side of the head light between the radio trim panel and the
cluster its self but there was nothing there for it to be plugged into it
was just a holder for this connector anybody know what this connector is
for

Old December 14th 05, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Probably for an accessory that you do not have. I too made the mistake of
looking behind the dash and finding one of those errant plugs, spent hours
looking for the female end. This happend late at night so I did not have the
opportunity of calling Ford. The next day when I did I was told that it is
most likely for a light or guage that I do not have in the vehicle. I was
also informed that the wiring harness is made for other vehicles as well,
Maybe I have all the bells and whistles but I may not have the same thing as
say a Eddie Baur (SP). If all is working as it did before then I would say
you found a dead end plug. If however something is amiss, then you know what
you must do!

Searcher

Old December 15th 05, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

i just wanted to say thank you for you reply i know it is for something i
dont have i was just curious as to what it is for i have seen dead end
plugs in my car before but this one is pluged into a spot that was
specifically meant to hold this dead end plug they are usually just left
hanging around with nothing to hold them got me puzzled thats all

Old December 15th 05, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Most likely just for anti rattle purposes.

If your concerned like I was I'd just call Ford and ask them

Searcher

Old December 15th 05, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Temp sensor ?????/
If you have ATC there is a little airvent and a temp sensor mounted on that
side

"mab6680" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> i have 2000 xls 4.0l ohv i was replacing some bulbs in my instrument
> cluster today when i removed the trim panel around the cluster the one
> with the head light switch in it there was a connector plugged in on the
> opposite side of the head light between the radio trim panel and the
> cluster its self but there was nothing there for it to be plugged into it
> was just a holder for this connector anybody know what this connector is
> for

94 2.5L stick shift, dumb question Satan Himself Chrysler 4 August 28th 05 05:15 AM
Dumb Wiper Question Robb S via CarKB.com Jeep 13 April 27th 05 03:00 PM
Dumb Question.... cassie Mazda 5 February 5th 05 02:43 PM
Dumb question about Kia Pride radiator Daniel J. Stern Technology 0 December 18th 04 06:26 PM
A dumb question: Smaller offset wheels vs lowering Stu General 5 April 1st 04 03:19 PM