Toca Pro Race Driver 3 - PC/PS2 vs XBOX Price

Old March 1st 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Toca Pro Race Driver 3 - PC/PS2 vs XBOX Price

I noticed over the weekend that Fry's (overstock.com) has Toca Race Driver 3
on sale for $29.99 for both the PC and the PS2, but not the XBOX.
I assume that this is simply because of the delay of the XBOX version of the
game, and the timing of when their flyer came out at the end of last week.

I stopped in my local Fry's yesterday and they now do have the XBOX version
but it's selling for $39.99 rather and not $29.99 like the Playstation 2 and
PC versions.

Frankly I'm a little angry about this, as I've been waiting for the XBOX
version so I can race on XBOX Live!

Bestbuy and EB Games also have this title at $39.99.

I'm curious to know if anyone has seen it any cheaper than this, and if so
where?
Also, your thoughts on if it will go on sale at places like Best Buy,
Circuit City, etc, etc in the next week or so now that it's out, or did we
XBOX gamers simply miss out on a sale price due to the delay in this games
release?

Old March 1st 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Jay J" > wrote in
:

> I noticed over the weekend that Fry's (overstock.com) has Toca Race
> Driver 3 on sale for $29.99 for both the PC and the PS2, but not the
> XBOX. I assume that this is simply because of the delay of the XBOX
> version of the game, and the timing of when their flyer came out at
> the end of last week.
>
> I stopped in my local Fry's yesterday and they now do have the XBOX
> version but it's selling for $39.99 rather and not $29.99 like the
> Playstation 2 and PC versions.
>
> Frankly I'm a little angry about this, as I've been waiting for the
> XBOX version so I can race on XBOX Live!
>
> Bestbuy and EB Games also have this title at $39.99.
>
> I'm curious to know if anyone has seen it any cheaper than this, and
> if so where?
> Also, your thoughts on if it will go on sale at places like Best Buy,
> Circuit City, etc, etc in the next week or so now that it's out, or
> did we XBOX gamers simply miss out on a sale price due to the delay in
> this games release?

My thoughts are a resounding NO. You are viewing TRD3 as a unified
product. You need to understand that the sales of Xbox software, like the
PS2 as well, has to generate revenue to offset the losses incurred by
manufacturing the consoles. Think of them as three totally different
games, not a single game just tweeked for each platform. That is the code
base, but not the retail base.
Any 'sales' are going to be driven by retailor interest coupled with
current marketing plans of both the publisher and Microsoft . So the fact
two of the same title were on sale does not mean they had planned to do the
same with the 3rd part.(xbox)
dave henrie
Old March 1st 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Everything XBOX is currently riding the hype wave. Expect no breaks.

-Larry

Old March 1st 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Im suprised the ps2 was only 29.99 here it is 39.99. And no one caries
the pc version. Codemasters isnt going to sell allot for the pc with
the combined starforce protection and just the fact that if you want
it you going to have to buy it online.

Old March 1st 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

And the next thing there will be a press release saying 'We are
discontinuing the PC version due to poor sales. It doesn't matter that we
stepped on our own feet by poor marketing and the inclusion of a despised
copy protection system'.

-Larry

Old March 2nd 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Jay J" > wrote in message
|I noticed over the weekend that Fry's (overstock.com) has Toca Race Driver
3
| on sale for $29.99 for both the PC and the PS2, but not the XBOX.
| I assume that this is simply because of the delay of the XBOX version of
the
| game, and the timing of when their flyer came out at the end of last week.
|
| I stopped in my local Fry's yesterday and they now do have the XBOX
version
| but it's selling for $39.99 rather and not $29.99 like the Playstation 2
and
| PC versions.
|
| Frankly I'm a little angry about this, as I've been waiting for the XBOX
| version so I can race on XBOX Live!
|
| Bestbuy and EB Games also have this title at $39.99.
|
| I'm curious to know if anyone has seen it any cheaper than this, and if so
| where?
| Also, your thoughts on if it will go on sale at places like Best Buy,
| Circuit City, etc, etc in the next week or so now that it's out, or did we
| XBOX gamers simply miss out on a sale price due to the delay in this games
| release?

Have you noticed that XBox 360 games are typically 59.99? There is no way
I'm paying $60 for a game. I think I'll wait another two years before I get
an XBox 360.

If the TRD3 game you speak of was an XBox 360 game, then the ten dollar
additional cost is more in line with how much more most XBox 360 games cost.

Alanb

Old March 2nd 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Have you noticed that XBox 360 games are typically 59.99? There is no way
> I'm paying $60 for a game. I think I'll wait another two years before I
> get
> an XBox 360.
>
> If the TRD3 game you speak of was an XBox 360 game, then the ten dollar
> additional cost is more in line with how much more most XBox 360 games
> cost.

Sheesh. You wouldn't like living in Australia. Top new release Xbox games
have always been about US$70

Old March 6th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Good news comes to those who wait ;-)

Best Buy has Toca Race Driver 3 for XBOX as well as PS2 on sale this
week for $29 US, which is $10 off the regular price.
Guess they waited to put it on sale in their weekly flyer/ad until the
XBOX version had shipped out