Toyo's TS-1

Old January 15th 05, 02:40 AM
Dave

Default Toyo's TS-1

Tiresonline.com has the Toyos TS-1 on sale for $59 US. I needed new tires
and got a set. $45 US for delivery to the East coast. What a deal.

Dave 2000SE

Old January 15th 05, 02:21 PM
D. Rogers

Don't you just love that new tire feeling. Take them out and give them and
good run and tell us how they performed.

David

Old January 15th 05, 04:25 PM
Frank Berger

"Dave" > wrote in message
> Tiresonline.com has the Toyos TS-1 on sale for $59 US. I needed new tires
> and got a set. $45 US for delivery to the East coast. What a deal.
>
> Dave 2000SE

The actual URL is:

http://www.ec-securehost.com/OnlineT...Toyo_T1-S.html

The $59 price is a special for the 195/50/15 size only.

195/55/14 is $74. Still a great price.

Old January 15th 05, 04:54 PM
chuckk

The TS-1s at $59 are a bargan, but not perfect! They do very well in wet
weather and even with some standing water on the road. One drawback seems
to be noise and vibration when cold. (Highway speeds, cold tires) . I've
beeb satisfied with two sets on my 99.
news:1105806103.8f41c32478195478f73fe363709f54ff@t eranews...

Old January 15th 05, 05:21 PM
Craig Wagner

"chuckk" > wrote:

>The TS-1s at $59 are a bargan, but not perfect!

Arrgh!

Okay, I can't take it anymore.

It's a T1-S, not a TS-1.

Okay, I feel better now.
---
Craig Wagner, craig.wagner(at)comcast.net
Portland, OR

"Don't ban high-performance vehicles, ban low-performance drivers!"
Old January 15th 05, 06:31 PM
HardwareLust

Dave wrote:
> Tiresonline.com has the Toyos TS-1 on sale for $59 US. I needed new
> tires and got a set. $45 US for delivery to the East coast. What a
> deal.
>
> Dave 2000SE

That's a heck of a good price for those. I tried to get my local tire store
to price match, but they said they can't do it.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I want these or not. Are these really
all that good in the wet?

Old January 16th 05, 12:57 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"HardwareLust" > wrote:

>Dave wrote:
>> Tiresonline.com has the Toyos TS-1 on sale for $59 US. I needed new
>> tires and got a set. $45 US for delivery to the East coast. What a
>> deal.
>>
>> Dave 2000SE

>That's a heck of a good price for those. I tried to get my local tire store
>to price match, but they said they can't do it.
>
>I'm having a hard time deciding if I want these or not. Are these really
>all that good in the wet?

They are very good wet, though in my opinion the Yoko ES 100 is
just a bit better. That said, I just took the BBS wheels with
worn Yoko's off today and replaced them with a cheap wheels-
and-T1-S package that I picked up at R-Speed during open house.
Added only two pounds at each corner and that was while the
Yokos were worn.

Or to be precise, as usual, the tires had lost all profile on
the inside edge of the front tires. The rear tires still have
plenty of profile left all over. I really need to get a new
alignment, but I guess it will have to be after AutoX tomorrow.
At least I will have some thread-grade rubber on the road, and
I actually like the looks of the wheels too.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old January 16th 05, 05:07 PM
Craig Wagner

"HardwareLust" > wrote:

>I'm having a hard time deciding if I want these or not. Are these really
>all that good in the wet?

They are amazing in the wet. I've got them on both my Miata and S2000 and they
just stick. I had the AVS ES100s previously and they were decent but I find the
Toyos to be just a bit better.
---

Old January 16th 05, 06:19 PM
pws

Craig Wagner wrote:
> "HardwareLust" > wrote:
>

>>I'm having a hard time deciding if I want these or not. Are these really
>>all that good in the wet?

> They are amazing in the wet. I've got them on both my Miata and S2000 and they
> just stick. I had the AVS ES100s previously and they were decent but I find the
> Toyos to be just a bit better.
> ---
> Craig Wagner, craig.wagner(at)comcast.net
> Portland, OR
>
> "Don't ban high-performance vehicles, ban low-performance drivers!"

I have had the same experience as Leon, with the AVS ES100's seeming to
perform slightly better in the wet and not quite as well in the dry as
the Toyo's. The difference seems minimal both ways, and I never did any
direct comparison tests at any time, so it may have just been how the
tires felt to me at the time.
In any case, I think that they are both a great summer/performance tire.
Next time, I will probably base my buying decision between these two
tires types based on price more than anything else.

Pat
Old January 16th 05, 09:44 PM
Brian Turner

I just ordered some, too. Hope to see them this week. $59.00 is a great
price.

Brian Turner