VUE Recall

Old December 14th 04, 05:47 PM
Chuck

Howard Slomer wrote:
> Does anyone know what suspension part(s) will be replaced during the

VUE
> recall?
>
> Has anyone had the work done yet?

On Dec. 6 I had my '03 V6 (33k miles) in for some noise I was hearing
during right-hand turns. They replaced the Intermediate Steering Shaft
which didn't fix the noise - I suspect it is actually a wheel bearing.
Anyway, they also performed Campaign #04067001 - Replacement of Rear
Lateral Link Assemblies (Link Kit 15249340 - 1.2 Hrs. Labor)

Old December 15th 04, 05:27 AM

--- 12/15/04 UPDATE ---

My lovely wife just returned from a Saturn dealer in West Michigan. It
appears my 2004 VUE was "fixed/modified" by adding a damping type part
to the rear spring mechanism. It appears to prevent "excessive travel"
of the suspension. It appears the part was installed inside the rear
springs.

We are in the midst of "lake effect snow", so my review of the work
done is limited. I will post more, later, if I discover any other
"mods" to the 2004 VUE, which we like even more now!!!!!

--- signed PAUL with a VUE in West Michigan ---

wrote:
> My wife took our 2004 VUE in for an oil change Friday 12/10/04. When
> she came home, the windshield fluid was leaking from somewhere near

the
> bottom of the resevoir.
>
> THE GOOD NEWS: When she went back today (12/13), the dealer scheduled
> an appointment on 12/14 to install the VUE RECALL rear suspension
> parts. The dealer, Saturn in West Michigan, said the parts became
> available on 12/1/04.
>
> They also will look at the leaking windshield fluid system. (I bet
> they nicked something when they changed the oil filter in the 4
> cylinder ECOTECH engine.)
>
> I do not know if earlier model VUE's will be recalled, but the 2004

is
> definately being "fixed/modified." I will let you all know what

"new"

Old December 15th 04, 05:27 AM

Old December 15th 04, 05:28 AM

Old December 15th 04, 05:28 AM

Old December 15th 04, 05:28 AM

Old December 18th 04, 03:01 AM

Chuck wrote:
> On Dec. 6 I had my '03 V6 (33k miles) in for some noise I was hearing
> during right-hand turns. They replaced the Intermediate Steering

Shaft
> which didn't fix the noise - I suspect it is actually a wheel

bearing.
> Anyway, they also performed Campaign #04067001 - Replacement of Rear
> Lateral Link Assemblies (Link Kit 15249340 - 1.2 Hrs. Labor)

Chuck,

We have a 2003 Vue with 27000 miles. Rear end has been getting
noticably noisier over the last couple thousand miles. Took in in to
the dealer a few days ago and they think is has a bad rear wheel
bearing. I will get it back to them for further diagnosis/repair in the
next few weeks and will post here what the outcome was. We bought this
vehicle new and it has not been abused.

Strat

Old December 18th 04, 05:15 AM
B. Peg

I "think" there is a VUE wheel bearing recall going on -- or so I seem to
remember reading here.....

B~