Slick 50?

Old June 8th 04, 07:53 PM
Jonnie Santos

Cold engine, Simple Green and old paint brush to get out the crud in the
nooks and crannies. I let it sit on stubborn places, spray some more and
brush some more. Then with low pressure, cold water from the hose I rinse
it off into the lawn (which seems to love it too). The black hoses may get
some white scaling - I use a little Armor All on them, the composite valve
cover and anything else that looks dull...

Old June 9th 04, 08:04 AM
Deepmac

On 2004-06-07 06:50:32 -0700, "Barry Schnoor" > said:

> Any thoughts on using an oil additive, or one of those "high mileage" oils
> to help prevent oil burnoff? How about slick 50 or DuPont's Greased
> Lightning?

Search the web for FTC rulings about Slick 50 claims that were false
and then search for Dupont's comments that teflon (PTFE) does not
belong in the engine.

Old June 17th 04, 02:32 AM
Charles Paluda

"Barry Schnoor" > wrote in message
> 158,000 miles on my '94 SL2...
>
> Any thoughts on using an oil additive, or one of those "high mileage" oils
> to help prevent oil burnoff? How about slick 50 or DuPont's Greased
> Lightning?

Just go to full synthetic. I started using it in a 98 SL2 at about 90,000
and by the time I traded it in at 120,000 miles, it was using less oil!!

Charles
--
check out my latest Saturn stuff at
http://www.metallic-raven.com/tmrsaturn.asp

Old June 21st 04, 04:22 AM
SnThetcOil

>> Any thoughts on using an oil additive, or one of those "high mileage" oils
>> to help prevent oil burnoff? How about slick 50 or DuPont's Greased
>> Lightning?
>>

>Just go to full synthetic

The results obtained can vary widely depending on the quality/performance of
the synthetic oil in question. Some, "synthetic", oils these days are not
really, "synthetic", per se, but simply more refined petroleum oils.

Synthetic oils are no more the same than all vehicles are the same.

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail
address.