SMEC - Plymouth Voyager

Old February 3rd 05, 04:28 PM
aarcuda69062

In article
ich.edu>,
"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, aarcuda69062 wrote:
>
> > You have carbon tracking on the spark plugs and plug wire boots
> > as Daniel has described.

> Aw, I donno, maybe he installed the wrong brand of spark plug, which
> caused his logic module to change the ignition timing! ;-)

Didn't he claim it was the power module?
Old February 3rd 05, 08:34 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, aarcuda69062 wrote:

> > Aw, I donno, maybe he installed the wrong brand of spark plug, which
> > caused his logic module to change the ignition timing! ;-)

> Didn't he claim it was the power module?

He probably claimed as follows:

if u INSTALLL THE RONG SPARK PLUG'S ONLY USE CHAMPION'S THEN THE TIMING
WILL CHANGE IN THE LOJIK MODJUL
Old February 3rd 05, 09:33 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:26:31 GMT, aarcuda69062
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Christian M. Mericle > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:05:16 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
>> > wrote:

>> >Aw, I donno, maybe he installed the wrong brand of spark plug, which
>> >caused his logic module to change the ignition timing! ;-)

>> Yeah that's probably it. I knew I should have never used foreign plugs
>> on a domestic car! {P
>>
>> -- Christian

>Which foreign plug did you use?

Actually, that was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

I was using NGK. As part of a tune-up the dealer changed them to
Champion when I took it in for service.

-- Christian
Old February 3rd 05, 09:38 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:34:29 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, aarcuda69062 wrote:
>
>> > Aw, I donno, maybe he installed the wrong brand of spark plug, which
>> > caused his logic module to change the ignition timing! ;-)

>> Didn't he claim it was the power module?

>He probably claimed as follows:
>
>if u INSTALLL THE RONG SPARK PLUG'S ONLY USE CHAMPION'S THEN THE TIMING
>WILL CHANGE IN THE LOJIK MODJUL

Seems like I would remember that...

-- Christian
Old February 4th 05, 12:51 AM
Neil Nelson

In article >,
Christian M. Mericle > wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:26:31 GMT, aarcuda69062
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Christian M. Mericle > wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:05:16 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"

> >> Yeah that's probably it. I knew I should have never used foreign plugs
> >> on a domestic car! {P
> >>
> >> -- Christian

> >Which foreign plug did you use?

> Actually, that was a bit tongue-in-cheek.
>
> I was using NGK. As part of a tune-up the dealer changed them to
> Champion when I took it in for service.

Nothing wrong with NGKs in a Chrysler as long as they're the
correct heat range.
Old February 4th 05, 12:53 AM
Neil Nelson

In article >,
Christian M. Mericle > wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:34:29 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> > wrote:

> >> Didn't he claim it was the power module?

> >He probably claimed as follows:
> >
> >if u INSTALLL THE RONG SPARK PLUG'S ONLY USE CHAMPION'S THEN THE TIMING
> >WILL CHANGE IN THE LOJIK MODJUL

> Seems like I would remember that...

Daniel is referring to someone else's comments from a different
thread...
Old February 4th 05, 04:12 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Christian M. Mericle wrote:

> >He probably claimed as follows:
> >
> >if u INSTALLL THE RONG SPARK PLUG'S ONLY USE CHAMPION'S THEN THE TIMING
> >WILL CHANGE IN THE LOJIK MODJUL

> Seems like I would remember that...

Naw, don't pay any heed, I was mocking someone else from a different
thread. Nothing to do with your van.
Old February 4th 05, 04:13 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Christian M. Mericle wrote:

> I was using NGK. As part of a tune-up the dealer changed them to
> Champion when I took it in for service.

Do yourself a favor and change back to NGKs.
Old February 4th 05, 06:32 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:13:16 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Christian M. Mericle wrote:
>
>> I was using NGK. As part of a tune-up the dealer changed them to
>> Champion when I took it in for service.

>Do yourself a favor and change back to NGKs.

I've always had good luck with them. Probably will change back.

-- Christian
Old February 4th 05, 06:32 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:12:58 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Christian M. Mericle wrote:
>
>> >He probably claimed as follows:
>> >
>> >if u INSTALLL THE RONG SPARK PLUG'S ONLY USE CHAMPION'S THEN THE TIMING
>> >WILL CHANGE IN THE LOJIK MODJUL

>> Seems like I would remember that...

>Naw, don't pay any heed, I was mocking someone else from a different
>thread. Nothing to do with your van.

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted.

-- Christian

88 Plymouth Voyager Brian Dodge 2 December 1st 04 01:01 PM
1990 Plymouth Voyager Brian Dodge 0 August 21st 04 12:28 AM
getting spare tire off of a Plymouth Voyager...? Help! fear General 3 February 15th 04 05:30 PM