critique my freeway driving habits

Old February 4th 05, 05:32 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 2/3/2005 6:57 PM, Usual Suspect wrote:

> My constant driving in the left lane is perfectly legal, as we established
> elsewhere in this thread.

Actually, we established the opposite. But thanks for playing!

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old February 4th 05, 06:03 AM
Vee-One

"Usual Suspect" > wrote in message
> Michael wrote:
>
>> Usual Suspect wrote:
>>> If I don't have to exit for another 5-10 miles and the freeway is
>>> divided, I tend to get into the left lane and stay there, driving at
>>> 75-80 mph, which usually puts me in the 70-90th percentile, or so, in
>>> terms of speed. If I see a cop I would usually slow down to about 70 and
>>> I might change lanes to let them go and chase the real speeders. (There
>>> is a 65 mph speed limit in San Diego). If someone else is blocking me I
>>> follow them at a safe distance and don't pass them on the right unless
>>> they are really slow, like 60 mph, which is rare.

>> Makes sense.
>>

>>> Now, every once in a while someone would come up from behind and follow
>>> me very closely, trying to "make me go faster", which, needless to say,
>>> never works. They would typically keep at it for a while and then,
>>> realizing they are being preposterous go lane-swirving (good luck).

>> Why not move to the right and let them pass? Seems rather idiotic.
>>

>>> 5. I'm already going at 10 mph over the limit. You want to go faster?
>>> Well, that's your problem. I could imagine feeling a bit guilty if I was
>>> doing 10 mph below.

>> That's when I pass you and throw some ketchup on your car.

> My constant driving in the left lane is perfectly legal, as we established

^^^
> elsewhere in this thread. And what you are fantasizing about is not. Keep
> dreaming!

What's this "We" ****? Got a mouse in your pocket?

Vee-One

Old February 4th 05, 06:44 AM
Robert F Merrill

Usual Suspect wrote:

> Paul wrote:
>
>> You're an LLB and a MFFY type.

> Considering the fact my reasons for LLB'ing is exactly what I'm explaining
> here, and the fact that I'm giving my own selfish (aka MFFY) reasons for
> doing it, your observations must have taken some really keen intellect.

In this thread, Usual Suspect proves everyone's point for them.
Old February 4th 05, 10:02 AM
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

"Usual Suspect" > wrote in message
> There seems to be a lot of talk in this newsgroup about how it's immoral
> stay in the left lane. Well, guess what, I do just that. I'll explain my
> reasons for doing it in what follows.
>
> If I don't have to exit for another 5-10 miles and the freeway is divided,
> tend to get into the left lane and stay there, driving at 75-80 mph, which
> usually puts me in the 70-90th percentile, or so, in terms of speed. If I
> see a cop I would usually slow down to about 70 and I might change lanes
> let them go and chase the real speeders. (There is a 65 mph speed limit in
> San Diego). If someone else is blocking me I follow them at a safe
> distance
> and don't pass them on the right unless they are really slow, like 60 mph,
> which is rare.
>
> Now, every once in a while someone would come up from behind and follow me
> very closely, trying to "make me go faster", which, needless to say, never
> works. They would typically keep at it for a while and then, realizing
> they
> are being preposterous go lane-swirving (good luck).

They are not trying to make you go faster, they are saying 'move to the
right, you thick ****er'.

Old February 4th 05, 10:02 AM
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

"Usual Suspect" > wrote in message
> optimal one for yours truly, but this is the best one I've come up with
> with my own interests in mind.

This line says it all, MFFY.

Old February 4th 05, 07:05 PM
Arif Khokar

Usual Suspect wrote:

> What is the "normal speed of traffic going in my direction at this time" ?
> Is it higher than 75 mph?

Yes, because traffic is gaining on you.

> What if there isn't a column of 71 cars in the left lane, but just one
> speeding *******, blocked by yours truly? Same question.

Personally, I don't like it when people are tailgating me. A normal
person takes steps to mitigate the situation (yielding or going faster).
An abnormal person does what you do.
Old February 4th 05, 08:17 PM
Paul

"Usual Suspect" > wrote in message
> Paul wrote:
>
> > You're an LLB and a MFFY type.

> Considering the fact my reasons for LLB'ing is exactly what I'm

explaining
> here, and the fact that I'm giving my own selfish (aka MFFY) reasons

for
> doing it, your observations must have taken some really keen

intellect.

OK, then let me be a little more blunt: you are an accident waiting to
happen....

Old February 4th 05, 09:05 PM
Usual Suspect

Arif Khokar wrote:

> Usual Suspect wrote:
>
>> What is the "normal speed of traffic going in my direction at this time"
>> ? Is it higher than 75 mph?

> Yes, because traffic is gaining on you.

Apparently being asked 2 or more questions at once confuses a Muslim.
Consider a simpler problem:

A column of 100 cars in the right lane is moving at 70 mph. Next to them, in
the left lane, a column of 100 cars is moving at 80 mph. What is the "normal
speed of traffic going in this DIRECTION (not lane) at this time" ?

>> What if there isn't a column of 71 cars in the left lane, but just one
>> speeding *******, blocked by yours truly? Same question.

> Personally, I don't like it when people are tailgating me. [...]

Avoiding again. Answer the questions. First answer is a real number, second
is a boolean.
Old February 4th 05, 09:19 PM
Arif Khokar

Usual Suspect wrote:

> Apparently being asked 2 or more questions at once confuses a Muslim.

If you want to use concocted scenarios that hardly occur in the real
world, feel free. Just don't expect people to play along.
Old February 4th 05, 09:20 PM
Usual Suspect

Arif Khokar wrote:

> Usual Suspect wrote:
>
>> Apparently being asked 2 or more questions at once confuses a Muslim.

> If you want to use concocted scenarios that hardly occur in the real
> world, feel free. Just don't expect people to play along.

I accept your surrender.

Driving Issues Joe P. Driving 14 January 1st 05 12:33 AM
HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 06:27 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM