anti theft codes for radio

Old November 7th 05, 12:47 AM
Bruce Johnson

Default anti theft codes for radio

I am looking to buy and install a factory cd player in my 2001 civic lx. I
have heard about these codes but dont know what they are. Any body have an
explanation?

Old November 7th 05, 05:15 AM
'Curly Q. Links'

Bruce Johnson wrote:

> I am looking to buy and install a factory cd player in my 2001 civic lx. I
> have heard about these codes but dont know what they are. Any body have an
> explanation?

----------------------------------

google.com . . . . or look in google 'groups' to find the answer
already explained.

'Curly'
Old November 7th 05, 08:44 PM
Challenged

Not sure what the previous poster is babbling about.

Flip the stereo over and you shall see a Serial No. Call Honda or
Acura to retrieve the 5 digit code, which the stereo prompts you upon
installation.

I am not certain that this theft prevention works, because Honda dealer
has no problem handing out the code.

Old November 7th 05, 09:49 PM
Bozo

Challenged wrote:
> Not sure what the previous poster is babbling about.
>
> Flip the stereo over and you shall see a Serial No. Call Honda or
> Acura to retrieve the 5 digit code, which the stereo prompts you upon
> installation.
>
> I am not certain that this theft prevention works, because Honda dealer
> has no problem handing out the code.

We have had coded radios in the UK for many years, and it has greatly
reduced the rate of radio theft. I do not have hard data, but I (as a
number of others I know) have had a 'normal' radio stolen, but never a
coded radio. Coded radios are also 'encouraged' by the insurance companies.

Old November 13th 05, 01:02 AM
SAC 441

If the dealership operates legitimately,they do not just hand out the
radio anti-theft code to just anyone who wants it.In my city,I have to
give them positive ID,and actually tell them my SSN to get the code.

Old November 13th 05, 03:52 AM
AZ Nomad

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:47:27 -0600, Bruce Johnson > wrote:

>I am looking to buy and install a factory cd player in my 2001 civic lx. I
>have heard about these codes but dont know what they are. Any body have an
>explanation?

Show the receipt indicating you own the unit to any dealer and they'll provide
you the code.