How to change trunk-mounted brake light on 300M ?

Old July 14th 11, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default How to change trunk-mounted brake light on 300M ?

The trunk-mounted center brake light on my '00 300M has apparently
burned out. This is only the second lamp anywhere on this car that has
burned out (the other being a rear fender-mounted brake light).

Will I have to remove the liner from the inside of the trunk lid to get
at this lamp?

Or can the bezel/lens be removed from the outside?
Old July 16th 11, 12:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy

On 07/13/11 09:17 pm, MoPar Man wrote:

> The trunk-mounted center brake light on my '00 300M has apparently
> burned out. This is only the second lamp anywhere on this car that has
> burned out (the other being a rear fender-mounted brake light).
>
> Will I have to remove the liner from the inside of the trunk lid to get
> at this lamp?
>
> Or can the bezel/lens be removed from the outside?

From the 2002 LH-series Service Manual:

"300M
(1) Open hood, disconnect and isolate the battery
negative cable.
(2) Release decklid latch and open decklid.
(3) Remove decklid cover.
(4) Disconnect lamp socket(s) from housing....
(5) Remove bulb(s) from socket(s)."

The 2000 model could be different, of course.

Perce
Old July 16th 11, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

> > Will I have to remove the liner from the inside of the trunk lid
> > to get at this lamp?
> >
> > Or can the bezel/lens be removed from the outside?

> From the 2002 LH-series Service Manual:
>
> (1) Open hood, disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

Yea, right. As if I'm going to do that. How many lawyers did it take
to write that line?

> (2) Release decklid latch and open decklid.
> (3) Remove decklid cover.
> (4) Disconnect lamp socket(s) from housing....
> (5) Remove bulb(s) from socket(s)."
>
> The 2000 model could be different, of course.

So basically I've got to pull the trunk-lid liner off. Nice.