99 dodge caravan change flasher

Old February 2nd 05, 09:41 PM
gummibear

Default 99 dodge caravan change flasher

Does any one know where the flasher is located?,and can it be bought
outside the dealer. thanks in advance.

Old February 3rd 05, 12:52 PM
damnnickname

Its not just a flasher its a module, and its plugged into the juntion block
at the #4 position.
This is at the left side of the steering column behind the kick panel,
There arent alot of problems with this module, just curious, why are you
looking for it?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old February 3rd 05, 07:06 PM
2.3Sleeper

Maybe he is having the same problems I am having. All of my signals quit
working, including the ability to use 4 way flashers. So I paid $45 for a
new flasher relay. That didn't fix things, so I have been stuck. Dealer
wants $125 for a new multi-function switch, and the parts house has been
having major problems trying to track one down for their advertised $65
price.

Maybe you have some suggestions that might help myself and the OP so that we
could start using our blinkers again and stop ****ing off other motorists.

Thanks,

Don Manning

lkaboutautos.com...

Old February 14th 05, 01:41 AM
Chas Stokes

There are actually two different modules for this year. One is the DRL
(Daytime Running Lights) and one without.

I recently replaced our 98's non DRL module with the DRL module.

The DRL module is also twice as wide as the non-DRL.

I have the old one holding papers down on my desk right now.

I prefer the daytime running lights and all you need to activate them is the
module from Chrysler for 96 thru 2000.

The other kicker is that the DRL module is CHEAPER than the non-DRL!

Chas

Old August 29th 06, 01:20 AM
hungirl hungirl is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummibear
Does any one know where the flasher is located?,and can it be bought
outside the dealer. thanks in advance.
I recently replaced the flasher in my 2000 Dodge caravan. Prob. without need. I had no turn signals or 4 way lights. The mechanic wanted me to replace my combination switch next. I had decided to wait and test my switch on my brother in laws dodge and come to find out my switch does work. I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong. Do you have daytime running lights? Those also do not work on my van. I don't know if it all has something to do with each other or not.