Problem starting my car

Old July 20th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Problem starting my car

Hello,

I have a 1998 Oldmobile Intrigue. i've been having problems starting my
car only when the engine is hot and it's been off for several minutes.
in the morning when the engine is cold it's starts with no problems but
once i drive to work and then try to start it on my break it give me a
hard time, i have to give it a bit of gas in order for it to start. i
changed the fuel pump, spark plugs and cables. its hase cost me close
to a thousand dollars in repairs but the problem is still there. it's a
very weird problem and i don't know what else to do it's costing me
too much money. when i try to start the car i turn the key and it's
like there is no the fuel is not igniting and it only starts when i
step on the accelerator a bit. please if there is anyone out there that
has any idea what the problem with my car is please write me back i
would greatly appreciate it. thanks!!

Old July 20th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have a 1998 Oldmobile Intrigue. i've been having problems starting my
> car only when the engine is hot and it's been off for several minutes.
> in the morning when the engine is cold it's starts with no problems but
> once i drive to work and then try to start it on my break it give me a
> hard time, i have to give it a bit of gas in order for it to start. i
> changed the fuel pump, spark plugs and cables. its hase cost me close
> to a thousand dollars in repairs but the problem is still there. it's a
> very weird problem and i don't know what else to do it's costing me
> too much money. when i try to start the car i turn the key and it's
> like there is no the fuel is not igniting and it only starts when i
> step on the accelerator a bit. please if there is anyone out there that
> has any idea what the problem with my car is please write me back i
> would greatly appreciate it. thanks!!

Hopefully you did not spend a thousand dollars on just a fuel pump and a
tune up.
I am at a lost as to what you could have spent a thousand dollars on and yet
not accidentally replaced whatever is faulty, but have you checked the TPS.
If it is giving a WOT signal during crank, the ECM will keep the injectors
turned off for clear flood mode. Moving the throttle a little may get the
TPS off of the bad spot and allow fuel to be delivered. As with many
electronic parts, it may only be acting up once it reaches a certain
temperature, so check it while it is hot. I think the voltage signal should
be less than 1.0 volts at closed throttle.
--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor

Old July 22nd 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
KjunRaven

wrote in news:1153366319.865112.242540
@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

> Hello,
>
> I have a 1998 Oldmobile Intrigue. i've been having problems starting my
> car only when the engine is hot and it's been off for several minutes.
> in the morning when the engine is cold it's starts with no problems but
> once i drive to work and then try to start it on my break it give me a
> hard time, i have to give it a bit of gas in order for it to start. i
> changed the fuel pump, spark plugs and cables. its hase cost me close
> to a thousand dollars in repairs but the problem is still there. it's a
> very weird problem and i don't know what else to do it's costing me
> too much money. when i try to start the car i turn the key and it's
> like there is no the fuel is not igniting and it only starts when i
> step on the accelerator a bit. please if there is anyone out there that
> has any idea what the problem with my car is please write me back i
> would greatly appreciate it. thanks!!

TPS a good possibility! without getting into alot of techy yack, the first
thing i would want to know is what the exh. looks like when 'hard to start
hot' time appears......rolling black smoke = overfueling and opening
throttle allowed enuff air in to get ignitable fuel/air ratio.........kjun
Old September 12th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
rmorris

i have a 2000 intrigue, same problem, u have to replace the fuel
pressure regulator, very easy to do yourself and very affordable part
to purchase. changed the old one ,starts up like new.

--
rmorris
rmorris's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=475682

http://www.automotiveforums.com