surging

Old May 24th 06, 02:25 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default surging

I have a 91 vette with the L98 motor. The problem I'm having is it
surges down the road. It does this in o/drive or in regular drive.
The dealership told me it was the transmission. I don't think it is.
I think it's engine related. I have replaced the throttle postion
sensor, the manifold air pressure sensor, the dist. cap, rotor, wires,
plugs, the ecm. HELP !!!!!!!! Sometimes it's hard to start, not
often. The radio whines from the engine. I replace the plug wires
with a set of racing wires and that tuned out 90% of the whine in the
radio. I added exta grounds from the battery to the alternator where
the support bracket attaches, and from there to the fram rail. I
scraped all the paint and grime off the frame till there was bare
metal. I have replaced the egr valve (the code flash on the dash for

My 535 has stopped surging and now has died.Please Help Damien BMW 2 May 21st 06 11:45 AM
My 535 Surging at 90 kph or more Damien BMW 3 May 15th 06 09:54 PM
'94 Accord. Engine Surging . Honda 4 March 26th 06 09:30 PM
surging at cruise james moffat Saturn 0 May 21st 05 12:54 AM
LW300 cruise control surging Oppie Saturn 0 December 31st 04 01:40 AM