vintage chevy repair

Old August 14th 06, 08:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
josan

Default vintage chevy repair

Hi I have a 1930 Chevy Wentworth. The window regulator has slogged out.
I have fixed the sloppy bit but I have struck a problem with the spring
used in the handle. The problem is I don't see how it works as the
spring is broken and I can't figure out how fits back into the
assembly. Is there anyone who can help me reassemble this regulator
assembly? Thanks

Old August 14th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

josan > wrote in article
. com>...
> Hi I have a 1930 Chevy Wentworth. The window regulator has slogged out.
> I have fixed the sloppy bit but I have struck a problem with the spring
> used in the handle. The problem is I don't see how it works as the
> spring is broken and I can't figure out how fits back into the
> assembly. Is there anyone who can help me reassemble this regulator
> assembly? Thanks

If it were ME, I would take the door panel off the opposite side door.

The regulator in that door should be a mirror image of the broken one.

Old August 16th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
josan

* wrote:
> josan > wrote in article
> . com>...
> > Hi I have a 1930 Chevy Wentworth. The window regulator has slogged out.
> > I have fixed the sloppy bit but I have struck a problem with the spring
> > used in the handle. The problem is I don't see how it works as the
> > spring is broken and I can't figure out how fits back into the
> > assembly. Is there anyone who can help me reassemble this regulator
> > assembly? Thanks
> >

> If it were ME, I would take the door panel off the opposite side door.
>
> The regulator in that door should be a mirror image of the broken one.

Thanks, I had thought of that but I am reluctant to do that as the
upholstery is nailed onto the frame and can easily damage if not done
correctly. If I don't have any luck on here then that is what I guess I
will have to do!

Complete Automotive Repair Directory allworldautomotive.com Technology 1 February 21st 06 10:51 PM
Rust repair rear fender mounts MK VW air cooled 3 December 31st 05 05:31 AM
Front-End Repair? Maybe Just Throw It Away Dotcom Computers Ltd BMW 0 October 20th 05 11:02 AM
Windshield Repair Elle Honda 10 October 7th 05 09:31 PM
My 1991 Chevy cavalier won't start KingWalter Technology 6 February 5th 05 12:21 AM