87 crx si help!

Old August 7th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dmihalko

Default 87 crx si help!

i have a 87 si (fuel injected) that i have been trying to get on the
road for over a year as a project and now this little problem is making
me wanna rip out the hair that is left on my head.

it runs fine when i first start it. i recently put on a new throttle
body and fast idle control valve (from a junk yard since i broke my old
ones trying to clean them due to a hunting idle) in order to get this
thing to idle properly so i can get this thing inspected. I got it
idleing at 750rpm at operating temp, however once this this gets to
operating temp and i give it gas, it sometimes stalls immediately. I
have also recently put in new plugs/wires/cap/rotor/pcv valve and have
swapped map sensors so i dont think its that either..

I am fairly certain that i do not have any vaccum leaks, i cant hear
one with a piece of tube in my ear and searching, nor does carb cleaner
increase the idle when i spray it over the connections. after it
stalls, i have a hard time trying to get it to run again. normally i
have to wait for it to cool off for a bit.

There are some vacuum lines that have been capped off since i bought
it, but i have no idea where i can find a decent vaccum diagram online?

Can anyone send me in the right direction?? i cant seem to find any
info on this problem or where i can find a vaccum

thanks in advance,
-Dustin

Old August 7th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
MishaA[_1_]

It's not exactly diagram, but it could help with vacuum.
http://tinyurl.com/ou69o
browse this site, it has lots of usefull info.
Hope this helps, Misha

--
MishaA
MishaA's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=469060

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old August 7th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dmihalko

thanks, found what i needed there which makes me even more confused
about my stalling problem since that shows me a capped line on the Fast
idle control valve by default.

Old August 7th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Matt Ion[_1_]

dmihalko wrote:
> i have a 87 si (fuel injected) that i have been trying to get on the
> road for over a year as a project and now this little problem is making
> me wanna rip out the hair that is left on my head.
>
> it runs fine when i first start it. i recently put on a new throttle
> body and fast idle control valve (from a junk yard since i broke my old
> ones trying to clean them due to a hunting idle) in order to get this
> thing to idle properly so i can get this thing inspected. I got it
> idleing at 750rpm at operating temp, however once this this gets to
> operating temp and i give it gas, it sometimes stalls immediately. I
> have also recently put in new plugs/wires/cap/rotor/pcv valve and have
> swapped map sensors so i dont think its that either..
>
> I am fairly certain that i do not have any vaccum leaks, i cant hear
> one with a piece of tube in my ear and searching, nor does carb cleaner
> increase the idle when i spray it over the connections. after it
> stalls, i have a hard time trying to get it to run again. normally i
> have to wait for it to cool off for a bit.
>
> There are some vacuum lines that have been capped off since i bought
> it, but i have no idea where i can find a decent vaccum diagram online?
>

> Can anyone send me in the right direction?? i cant seem to find any
> info on this problem or where i can find a vaccum

There's an online workshop manual for the '84-'87 Civic at
http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html... since the CRX is based on the
Civic, it may be helpful...
Old August 8th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

I don't know about 1987 models but earlier models had a vacuum diagram
under the hood. My '83 Civic FE did not but luckily, someone else in
town had one that I was able to take pictures of it and other "under the
hood" documentation.

JT

Old August 8th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dmihalko

the car was pretty f__ked up when my friend gave it to me and the
sticker wasnt there. i dont know anyone with a first gen crx in my
town... i might have to take a camera to a junkyard next time i roll
out there or try to peel one off if one out there has one.

thanks.

Old August 8th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dmihalko

thanks. that seems a bit useful in combination with
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d80141895.jsp

-dustin