Hood Sitters

Old July 15th 05, 06:47 PM
jeff

J Strickland wrote:
> "jeff" > wrote in message
>
>>Here we have it, final word: the OP asked if hood sitting was a problem
>>for her 00' TJ and Bill Says "No Problem .. for *Real* Civilian Jeeps"!

> That would be Civilian Jeep, or CJ. Alas the TJ isn't a CJ, so the perceived
> declaration hasn't been made. Sorry.
>
> Having said that, nobody cares if a topless model bends the hood a bit.

I dunno Jeff. She specifically asked about her 2000 TJ. She didn't ask
about the CJ series of Jeeps. The response was "No Problem......
Do you suppose it would be a problem for someone that has an old
military Jeep? How about GPWs or Bantams? Are they *Real*? I've walked
across the hood of my YJ to hook up a strap. Never been a problem.
Old July 15th 05, 07:01 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

There was one prude/Daimler mole in this group that didn't like the
Sandman's models sitting on his Jeep.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 07:20 PM
J Strickland

"jeff" > wrote in message
>J Strickland wrote:
>> "jeff" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Here we have it, final word: the OP asked if hood sitting was a problem
>>>for her 00' TJ and Bill Says "No Problem .. for *Real* Civilian Jeeps"!

>> That would be Civilian Jeep, or CJ. Alas the TJ isn't a CJ, so the
>> perceived declaration hasn't been made. Sorry.
>>
>> Having said that, nobody cares if a topless model bends the hood a bit.

> I dunno Jeff. She specifically asked about her 2000 TJ. She didn't ask
> about the CJ series of Jeeps. The response was "No Problem......
> Do you suppose it would be a problem for someone that has an old military
> Jeep? How about GPWs or Bantams? Are they *Real*? I've walked across the
> hood of my YJ to hook up a strap. Never been a problem.

Sorry, the response was not, "No problem." The response was, "No problem, at
least for Real Jeeps."

I'm just yanking chains here. I can't imagine that it would even be
comfortable sitting on a very hot hood. Like I said earlier, if a topless
model wants to sit on the hood, I can't imagine who would complain of a
slight dent.

"See that dent? That's where I got the topless model to sit and drink beer
with me. Cool huh? She was hot too, about 160 pounds, but 5'10" and looked
good. Wanna see the pics?"

Old July 15th 05, 07:32 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I figure dents are like bragging rights, a sort of badge:
http://www.billhughes.com/jeep68sand2.jpg It is better to have gambled
and lost, than to have never loved at all.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old July 15th 05, 08:06 PM
J Strickland

I have dents on the hood, but no stories of drunken orgies with topless
models.

Old July 15th 05, 08:47 PM
Paul Calman

> Why not just strap them to the hood like we do with deer?

At least when they are on the hood you can see what they are up to.

--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Old July 16th 05, 01:54 PM
Davenport

There is no way I'd sit on the hood of my TJ. The metal's like 20 ga. with
one puny stiffening channel down the middle. I cringe anytime I see a
picture where somebody is sitting on the hood.

"O Cachorro" > wrote in message
> Silly question, but I would like to ask anyway...
>
> I've seen a few magazine 'model' shots and some scenes in some movies
> where
> people sit on the hoods of their Jeep Wranglers. I have a 2000 TJ, and I
> was wondering if this is possible without denting the hood. I'm not very
> heavy (165 lbs.), but I'm not waif model either. And the TJ hood seems
> pretty solid compared to the other cars I've had.

hood scoop theory 101 ?? [email protected] Ford Mustang 11 January 9th 05 03:44 PM
Hood damage Todd Technology 7 January 4th 05 12:55 PM
Collision damage to aluminum hood + headlight assembly shattered y_p_w Technology 24 December 15th 04 12:22 AM
Fix strategy for (common?) broken hood on '71? pgtr Corvette 22 October 9th 04 05:56 AM