Stuck drum...

Old February 22nd 05, 02:42 AM

Default Stuck drum...

I put new brakes and a wheel cylinder on my '83 GLX a year or so ago,
and now it's time to replace the shoes and the left drum is welded on
with rust.

With the adjustment backed all the way off, I have pounded it with a
rubber hammer, carefully with a heavy jack, and have used a rust
busting compound. It looks like it was welded on at the hub.

What's your favorite way of doing it?

voice from the past

Old February 23rd 05, 12:04 AM

Thanks.

---
You liberals are drunk on your hatred for anything the Republicans have
to say or do, because:

The openness of hate crime among the democrats against Christians will
soon be answered with arrests.

Democrats, being in favor only of immorality want to exclude
participation in the United States in the same manner the constitution
tries to prevent:

The democrat's religion is immorality, and they want to force their one
view on the rest, forbidding the conscience of the people, by the
institutionalizing their religion of immorality as the state religion.

Democrats are in politics for one sole reason: to harness the United
States government for the purpose of enabling their perverse lifestyles
by passing laws that make themselves invisible through a legal system
they want to construct to be as immoral, and ruthless and lawless as
themselves.

Democrats plot the disassembly of our nation's legal system, and so
make their perversion invisible, by claiming that there exists no
standard for criteria of what is moral or righteous.

Democrats attempt the blackmail of the united states legal system:
"prove there is a God, or expunge all law governing liberties"

Republicans believe in the equation:
LIBERTY+MORALITY=LAW+0=CIVILIZATION

Democrats believe in the equation: LIBERTY+0=NOBODY'S BUSINESS

It is always appropriate to say that a liberal/radical democrat is
uncivilized:

Their agenda is the dismantling of civilization.

DON'T TRY AND DENY IT.

Old February 23rd 05, 03:56 AM
BK24

Use a wheel puller. Why would brakes need replaced after a year or so?

Old February 23rd 05, 04:19 AM

We drive constantly, using it for work. We don't use it just to get
the groceries.

voice from the past

Old February 23rd 05, 05:07 AM
JS

I've only ever seen one pair of rear brakes wear out on a Fox... and I've
owned 13 of 'em. LOL

How many miles do you put on in a couple years?

JS

oups.com...

Old February 23rd 05, 08:35 PM
ironrod

Use a moderate to large BFH and strike sharply in a circular pattern between
the studs and the axle.

oups.com...

Old February 26th 05, 01:49 AM
Spike

Give it a rest. The election is over.

Unless someone can actually produce hard evidence which can be used in
court to gain a conviction, whining is just a waste of good newsgroup
time. Take it to a political newsgroup.

I don't think Mustangs lean one way or the other politically.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:58:24 -0500, Hank > wrote:

> Not at all. But when the religious fundamentalist extremists
>on the Bush regime launch an illegal, immoral and globally condemned
>terror attack against innocent civilians, torture innocent people,
>commit war crimes, lie, steal our hard earned taxpayer dollars, and
>shred The Constitution, all courageous Patriots will speak out against
>their incompetence, crimes, and treason.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16