Wobbly angelfish update

Old July 24th 05, 02:20 AM
Nikki Casali

Default Wobbly angelfish update

To cut the long story short, a couple of weeks ago I got hold of two
adult angelfish to keep my lone male angelfish company. This is the one
that has lost some swimming control and has also lost his breeding
partner. It turns out that the two angelfish I got outgrew their owner's
12L tank (12L tank!!). Last Sunday I introduced them into my 330L tank.
Bit of an upgrade for them, for sure. By Thursday, the new female was
breeding and laying eggs with my wobbly male. Can you believe that?
Within four days, from stranger to breeding partner. And Mr Wobbly is
managing to perform his fatherly duties, even though he's shaky on his
fins and doing unrehearsed aquabatics. I'm dumbstruck!

Nikki

Old July 24th 05, 07:58 AM
bassett

It is to be hoped that, the kids don't take after there father,,
**Big silly Grin**
But it just goes to show, Where there's life, there is also hope.
Are you going to take the fry out, or leave them.
Nice Going bassett

Old July 24th 05, 02:33 PM
NetMax

"Nikki Casali" wrote in message
To cut the long story short, a couple of weeks ago I got hold of two
adult angelfish to keep my lone male angelfish company. This is the one
that has lost some swimming control and has also lost his breeding
partner. It turns out that the two angelfish I got outgrew their
owner's 12L tank (12L tank!!). Last Sunday I introduced them into my
330L tank. Bit of an upgrade for them, for sure. By Thursday, the new
female was breeding and laying eggs with my wobbly male. Can you
believe that? Within four days, from stranger to breeding partner. And
Mr Wobbly is managing to perform his fatherly duties, even though he's
shaky on his fins and doing unrehearsed aquabatics. I'm dumbstruck!

Nikki

When the fry enter the free-swimming stage, if you reduce the turbulence
in the water, you will see the parents communicating to the fry using
their pectoral fins. They keep them in a tight group as they move around
the aquarium. If they have any influence on the actual swimming
patterns, you might have many baby wobblers soon ;~).
--
www.NetMax.tk

Old July 25th 05, 09:41 PM
Nikki Casali

bassett wrote:

It is to be hoped that, the kids don't take after there father,,
**Big silly Grin**
But it just goes to show, Where there's life, there is also hope.
Are you going to take the fry out, or leave them.
Nice Going bassett

Unfortunately, all the eggs went white, grew fungus or were eaten by the
female! The next time she lays eggs, I'll remove the leaf they're on and
put it into a quarantine. Thing is, I'm not sure how soon after they've
been laid I can move them. Any ideas? I hope I don't get
upsidedownangelfish...

Nikki

Old July 26th 05, 03:06 AM
NetMax

bassett wrote:

It is to be hoped that, the kids don't take after there father,,
**Big silly Grin**
But it just goes to show, Where there's life, there is also hope.
Are you going to take the fry out, or leave them.
Nice Going bassett

Unfortunately, all the eggs went white, grew fungus or were eaten by
the female! The next time she lays eggs, I'll remove the leaf they're
on and put it into a quarantine. Thing is, I'm not sure how soon after
they've been laid I can move them. Any ideas? I hope I don't get
upsidedownangelfish...

Nikki

As soon as they finish laying and fertilizing them. However, since they
didn't show any interest in eating them (as is typical in the first
Angelfish spawns) you aren't too rushed, so about an hour after all
activity (and all they are doing is inspecting their work, reattaching
fallen eggs and fanning them).

The eggs will need to go into the same water treated with meth. blue,
airstone under/around the eggs, no substrate, screened filters (ie:
sponge air filter) etc etc, you know the drill ;~). I always like to
start a brine shrimp hatchery shortly before they are free-swimming
(after they hatch, they take 2-3 days depending on temperature, to absorb
their yolk sacs) iirc.

Angel fry are sooo cute when they hit about 2 months :-) ... unless of
course yours are swimming upside down ;~).
--
www.NetMax.tk

Thanks for discus help and update Elaine T General 2 July 1st 05 12:45 AM
Angelfish with raw patches on its sides acting sick JamesG General 12 April 28th 05 10:25 AM
lost angelfish James General 1 April 19th 04 06:57 PM
Angelfish with very severe equilibrium problem BigBadGourami General 5 January 22nd 04 12:19 PM
Exceptional quality freshwater angelfish from hybrid pairs! itropicals.com Marketplace 1 August 28th 03 10:45 PM