So what should be the penalty for speeding?

Old January 9th 05, 05:47 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Jan 8, 12:56 pm

>So you admit your proposition makes no sense? Most speeders haven't
>killed anyone either. Therefore it is ridiculous to suggest more than
>whatever minimal fine there is.

Read a book on elementary logic and get back with us.

Old January 9th 05, 12:27 PM
Bernd Felsche

"Magnulus" > writes:

>Collision at 75 vs. 55 mph has alot more energy behind it= a higher risk
>of injury/death. Much higher.

Cite. Go on. Give us some references based on credible, scientific
analysis of the risk of trauma and intensity of trauma with regards
to vehicle speeds.

You will find that other factros, such as vehicle type, restraint
systems, appropriate use of restraint systems, personal fitness and
age are MUCH larger factors in determining the degree of trauma.

The minimum risk of being in a crash is around V85 (85th percentile
speed of free-flowing traffic). If you mimimise the risk of
crashing, you will minimise the total trauma for practical highway
speeds.

>Speeding should be cracked down on. Most people are not that great
>drivers, and almost half of them are driving vehicles that are

OK.... who gave those people a licence? Don't the issuers of
licence have some form of responsibility for ensuring that licence
holders have appropriate skills?

>prone to poor breaking and poor traction on pavement- SUV's and

breaking?

>trucks.

And WHO was responsible for that trend?

Who's responsible for proper driver education and making sure that
those issued with licences have at least an adequate appreciation of
the physics involved?
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!
X against HTML mail | Copy me into your ~/.signature
/ \ and postings | to help me spread!
Old January 9th 05, 12:27 PM
Bernd Felsche

Old January 9th 05, 05:32 PM
Paul

"Max" > wrote in message

<judy's crap sent to a hazardous waste facility>

> pardon? What?
>
> What is this word?
>
> "Criminal coddler"?
> By your definitions I would be a murderer yes?

By LBMHB's definitions, LBMHB is a murderer also. And the worst kind of
killer too, speeding through neighborhoods and school zones where
children are likely to be in close proximity to the road...

--
Paul

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (a.k.a. "Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend"),
10/3/2002
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...g .google.com

Old January 9th 05, 05:32 PM
Paul

Old January 9th 05, 09:10 PM
Max

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend a écrit :
>>Brent P Jan 8, 7:07 pm

>>. However, the higher speed limit when more appropiate for
>>the road will PREVENT the crashes in the first place.

> HUH??? hey loonybird. How do you figure that??

because it is appropriate.

--
----------------------
http://www.saab-900.tk
Old January 9th 05, 09:10 PM
Max

Old January 9th 05, 09:47 PM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Jan 8, 12:56 pm

> >So you admit your proposition makes no sense? Most speeders haven't
> >killed anyone either. Therefore it is ridiculous to suggest more

than
> >whatever minimal fine there is.

> Read a book on elementary logic and get back with us.

Excuse me? My area of study in college, where I majored in philosophy,
was logic. You are proposing to treat people as thought hey have
committed an act that your own proposition admits they haven't
committed. Your premises are faulty, therefore your conclusion is
illogical.

Do us a favor... *don't* get back to us, even after you realize your
error.

Old January 9th 05, 09:47 PM

Old January 9th 05, 09:55 PM
James H. Hood

Brent P > wrote in message
> In article >, Magnulus wrote:
> > Collision at 75 vs. 55 mph has alot more energy behind it= a higher

risk
> > of injury/death. Much higher.

> Only IN a crash. However, the higher speed limit when more appropiate for
> the road will PREVENT the crashes in the first place.

Which explains why there are more crashes on a highway than on my street
where the limit is twenty, right?

This persistent notion that crashes are caused largely by different speeds
is absurd.