Water coming out of blower in floorboard

Old August 11th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JeepXJ

Default Water coming out of blower in floorboard

I have an '06 TJ just purchased in July. We have had a couple of
extremely HOT and HUMID days here in Kentucky. I was setting idle
waiting for a light to change. When I turned right, water poured from
the blower area under the dash and into my shoe. I felt in the blower
vent and could feel a lot of moisture on the plastic. I checked the
other floor mat and it was wet too. This was in the late afternoon of
the day. I checked the following morning while the air was running and
there was nothing. My gut tells me it was condensation, but I don't
want to take the chance. On my '01 XJ I never experienced such water
dripping. Has anyone else experienced this on a TJ?

Old August 11th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

There is a drain hose that is plugged, mostly likely with carpet fibers. You
should be able to find a rubber drain hose, disconnect it and push a hanger
through it to clear it out. If you get it right, you will soon notice
puddles on the driveway after you park ...

"JeepXJ" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have an '06 TJ just purchased in July. We have had a couple of
> extremely HOT and HUMID days here in Kentucky. I was setting idle
> waiting for a light to change. When I turned right, water poured from
> the blower area under the dash and into my shoe. I felt in the blower
> vent and could feel a lot of moisture on the plastic. I checked the
> other floor mat and it was wet too. This was in the late afternoon of
> the day. I checked the following morning while the air was running and
> there was nothing. My gut tells me it was condensation, but I don't
> want to take the chance. On my '01 XJ I never experienced such water
> dripping. Has anyone else experienced this on a TJ?

Timing best and water pump in Chevy Metro Oak Pond Technology 7 July 19th 06 05:12 AM
A6, 2000, 1.8T, Water ingress, Wipers, Windows & other Woes.... Ian G Audi 3 May 29th 06 09:58 AM
How to flush coolant system? Yvan BMW 10 January 31st 06 04:30 PM
1996 Dodge Grand Caravan LE AC/Heater Blower, Relay and Resistor Block Problems 101 HeadlessHorseman Dodge 0 January 5th 05 03:49 PM