Looking for T-14 gears or T-14 complete

Old August 6th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
David Kolenda

Default Looking for T-14 gears or T-14 complete

I have a 1970 CJ-5, with a 225 V-6 that needs 1st and 2nd gear gears. I
live in the Detroit Michigan area and would like to find either a complete
T-14 or just the gears, instaead of buying them from 4WD Hardware.

Old August 6th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Hi David,
May be more plentiful for you to search the bone yards for an AMC
with a Borg Warner T-14 or stronger T-15
http://amccf.com/tech/new/tranny_six_T-14.jpg and change output shafts.
http://www.drivetrain.com/borgwarnerT14.html
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old August 8th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

When I needed parts for my '65 NP435, I went to the transmissiion shop
supplier. I got a complete rebuild kit, synchros, bearings and other soft
parts, for less than $100.

I have no idea who would have that stuff in your area, but I got my parts
from a place called CalTrans in Santa Ana, California. I suppose they have a
Web presence, but I don't know that for certain.

"David Kolenda" > wrote in message
. ..
>I have a 1970 CJ-5, with a 225 V-6 that needs 1st and 2nd gear gears. I
>live in the Detroit Michigan area and would like to find either a complete
>T-14 or just the gears, instaead of buying them from 4WD Hardware.

4.56 gears question oneadvent Ford Mustang 14 July 28th 06 12:19 AM
4.10 Dana 30 gears wanted Greg Jeep 0 May 30th 06 11:15 PM
'87 BMW 325 not shifting into gears SQ Technology 4 August 21st 05 03:49 PM
Selling complete engine and other parts Alias Ford Mustang 1 June 2nd 05 02:11 AM