PT Cruiser and trailer lights

Old July 22nd 05, 02:04 PM
Richard

Dan, your point is well taken, but all of the submersible units offered on
those sites for domestic sales are red units only. One needs a submersible
amber unit and I did not find that listed, just amber side lights with
reflectors.

Richard.

Old July 22nd 05, 03:45 PM
jimhigh66

Richard
Unless the lights are immersed a lot perhaps just drilling some drain
holes in the bottom and using some grease on the electrical contacts would
be "good enough". I've used this technique with success in fresh water --
don't know about salt.

Old July 22nd 05, 04:46 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, it was written:

> Dan, your point is well taken, but all of the submersible units offered
> on those sites for domestic sales are red units only. One needs a
> submersible amber unit and I did not find that listed, just amber side
> lights with reflectors.

Check the 2nd post I made, with specific links to specific lamps.

Old July 23rd 05, 01:51 AM
tim bur

joke is one you! the pt cruiser does not have a bcm

Old July 23rd 05, 01:54 AM
tim bur

drawtite sells the device you want and it can be bought a walmarts even
it changes the wiring from a 6 wire lite circuit to a 4 wire circuit most trailers
have

Old July 23rd 05, 01:58 AM
tim bur

**** that, go to walmart buy the drawtite box and get it done

Old July 23rd 05, 11:11 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"jimhigh66" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Richard
> Unless the lights are immersed a lot perhaps just drilling some drain
> holes in the bottom and using some grease on the electrical contacts would
> be "good enough". I've used this technique with success in fresh water --
> don't know about salt.

Pure water is an insulator, not a conductor. It is what gets dissolved in
it
that acts as a conductor. Salt for example makes water into an excellent
conductor. Soapy bathtub and sink water also make good conductors.
Dissolved iron, AKA rust, also works well to make water into a conductor.

But for your average fresh water resivour you can go to the boat launch
and watch them backing into the lake, and see the brake lights going even
under water, then watch them pull out and see the water come pouring out
of the light housings.

Ted