Got my Mountaineer: nice ride, but how do I pay for gas?

Old March 4th 05, 10:17 PM
Rick Venable

I have a 2000 XLT Explorer with the 4.0 V6 and if I am driving I get around
17 city and 20 or 21 hwy. If my wife is driving she gets about 13 or 14
city. The K&N air filter I put in gives us 1 or 2 mpg better than standard
air filters did before we switched and costs less in the long run. When We
tow our 2900 lb boat we just pull into every gas station we find (10 or 11
mpg I think). At least its still better than the boat itself gets (3 or 4
mpg and 89 octane minimum for it to even run).

. ..

Old March 5th 05, 12:28 AM
wabbitslayer

thanks to all that responded...I'm gonna ease off the gas a little and on
the next tankfull try the "odometer reading divided by gallons to fill it
up" method and see what i get.

cnn.com had some article about a possible 25 cent a gallon gas price hike,
which ain't good news, but then again, I didn't want a 2wd v8 to just
putt-putt around in, anyway

Old March 18th 05, 02:46 AM
davidgmg

I have a 99 Mountaineer awd and in town 13-15 is possible if you never get
on the freeway. Usually with some city and freeway driving I stay around
16. The computer is usually one mile per gallon over what the actual is.
My computer always shows more gas in tank than what is actual. I have
gotten 19-20 driving hwy. I live in Seattle where gas for regular is now
around $2.19 but still like my suv.

Old March 18th 05, 06:00 AM
Richard Ray

The actress was Rebecca Schaffer, a promising newcomer who had a part in
the TV series "My Sister Sam". She was stalked by a crazed fan who
obtained her home address through the California DMV. He shot her at her
apartment and killed her.

Richard

Old March 18th 05, 04:33 PM
Anthony Giorgianni

Thank you, Richard. Sad story.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

"Richard Ray" > wrote in message
> The actress was Rebecca Schaffer, a promising newcomer who had a part in
> the TV series "My Sister Sam". She was stalked by a crazed fan who
> obtained her home address through the California DMV. He shot her at her
> apartment and killed her.
>
> Richard

Mountaineer AWD transfer case explosion! 98xltman Ford Explorer 1 February 26th 05 08:01 PM
Rough Ride In My 2001 Civic LX Coupe! [email protected] Honda 0 January 23rd 05 10:16 AM
Wheel Size and Ride Comfort? Bob BMW 4 December 23rd 04 03:00 PM
97 EB Automatic Ride Control suspension David E.B. Smith Ford Explorer 0 October 25th 04 01:25 AM
need ride to IUPUI on Feb 3rd Deming Mi General 0 January 30th 04 08:41 PM