vacuum cannister solenoid valve

Old September 17th 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ed

Default vacuum cannister solenoid valve

Still working on my '97, nipple on the vacuum cannister solenoid valve
broke, this is a little 2 port valve with an electrical connection. I've
been able to find none salvage (salvage miata's are turning out to be rare),
and Miata wants $99 USD for one, anybody know of a better source for such a
thing? also same question as a previous repair, since this part seems
difficult to obtain, is it another item that is a common point of failure on
these cars?

Old September 27th 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Hal

On Sep 16, 4:32*pm, "Ed" > wrote:
> Still working on my '97, nipple on the vacuum cannister solenoid valve
> broke, this is a little 2 port valve with an electrical connection. *I've
> been able to find none salvage (salvage miata's are turning out to be rare),
> and Miata wants $99 USD for one, anybody know of a better source for such a
> thing? also same question as a previous repair, since this part seems
> difficult to obtain, is it another item that is a common point of failure on
> these cars?

The solenoid you are referring to, at least on my '97 NA, has a
Mitsubishi logo on the air filter part of the solenoid, and it looks
very suspiciously like the solenoid on my '88 mitsu pickup that is
used to engage the vacuum powered AC idle-up diaphragm.

So my suggestion...hit the junkyard, and prowl around for late-80's
Dodge D-50 pickups, Mitsu Mighty Max pickups, or Mitsu Raider off-road
trucks. If the vehicle you find had AC, the solenoid you want should
be next to the silver carburetor control 'device box' on the drivers
side fender.

Good luck with it.

Chris

EGR Solenoid Valve Geary Morton Mazda 3 April 4th 09 06:11 PM
cannister purge solenoid? 94 explorer 4.0 Sam[_3_] Ford Explorer 1 August 23rd 06 07:44 AM
Valve,Butterfly valve,Globe valve,Check valve,Ball valve,Plug valve,Marine valve,Gate valve,Flow control valve [email protected] Alfa Romeo 0 April 17th 06 08:20 AM
97 F150 EGR Insufficient Flow - DTC P401 (EGR Vacuum Regulator solenoid) [email protected] Technology 7 May 26th 05 07:43 PM
95 Caravan EGR valve solenoid John Boy Dodge 2 July 21st 04 01:52 PM