2001 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Power Window

Old October 2nd 04, 05:00 PM
gdcwatt

Default 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Power Window

I think the dealer said it was a bad window motor relay, or something, on
my Caravan, but I've been having intermittant problems with one window,
only, for the past 24 months. With two months left on the lease, I have
not been inclined to spend $150 to fix something that shouldn't have gone
wrong in the first place.

Anyhow, to try to get my window up, when I'm having this problem, keep
hitting the window switch "up", for half a second, again, and again, and
again: mine will go up 1/4" at a time, so it takes a while. Try cycling
the ignition on and off, several times, while doing this, or turning the
car on and off, on and off. Eventually, it has always worked, but the
dealer was never able to "duplicate the problem (when the car was still
under warranty) while in the shop - until now.

I don't use the passenger window, often, but when we forget about the
problem, sometimes it works fine, and other times, we have to resort to
the above solution.

Just two months to go, until the lease is up.