Morning Problem

Old November 1st 04, 02:50 PM
George Kinley

Default Morning Problem

I have 99 Accord 2.0 EXi , during morning when the car is not very well
warmed up , say the temprature gause is not at half, when I accelerate
the car some how shakes but not misses, is that normal.
Old November 2nd 04, 10:09 AM
RPoole2252

try ex-lax
Old November 3rd 04, 02:13 AM
motsco_ _

George Kinley wrote:
> I have 99 Accord 2.0 EXi , during morning when the car is not very well
> warmed up , say the temprature gause is not at half, when I accelerate
> the car some how shakes but not misses, is that normal.

=================

That's one of the symptoms of a timing belt out of time. Had it done
recently, or has it jumped? You didn't say your mileage.

'Curly'

Old November 4th 04, 02:44 PM
George Kinley

motsco_ _ wrote:

> George Kinley wrote:
> > I have 99 Accord 2.0 EXi , during morning when the car is not very
> > well warmed up , say the temprature gause is not at half, when I
> > accelerate the car some how shakes but not misses, is that normal.

> =================
>

> That's one of the symptoms of a timing belt out of time. Had it done
> recently, or has it jumped? You didn't say your mileage.
>
> 'Curly'

Timing belt is just done one month back
Old November 4th 04, 04:22 PM
motsco_ _

************************

> Timing belt is just done one month back

+++++++++++++++++

Next obvious quistion: Does the onset of the symptom follow the
replacement of the TB? Feel free to be more verbose. . .

'Curly'

Old November 5th 04, 05:45 AM
Keith J

Are you stopped or moving when the shaking occurs?

When you say shakes... does it shake the same on that stretch of road at
other times of the day? There are stretches of road around me that you
would swear is perfectly level, but has slight ripples.

Are the tires warmed up when the shaking occurs?
Does it occur at any speed or a range of speeds?

Old November 5th 04, 10:16 AM
George Kinley

motsco_ _ wrote:

> George Kinley wrote:
> > motsco_ _ wrote:

> > > =================
> > >

> > > That's one of the symptoms of a timing belt out of time. Had it
> > > done recently, or has it jumped? You didn't say your mileage.
> > >
> > > 'Curly'

> ************************
>

> > Timing belt is just done one month back

> +++++++++++++++++
>
> Next obvious quistion: Does the onset of the symptom follow the
> replacement of the TB? Feel free to be more verbose. . .
>
> 'Curly'

HI,
I bought the car, after the dealer has done the TB job, so no clue at
all,
I'll try to clarify the "Shaking" what it seems that it is not phyical
shaking (none of loose belonging inside the car moves which is tested
today with spring toy), but acceleration is not smooth it does not stop
or shows any sign of missing.
few more informaion the car has done 122K KM since I live in very cold
country(Finland) so Manual suggested change of TB at 120K KM.