Must We Put Up With This Filth?

Old May 29th 04, 02:58 PM
Halmyre

Default Must We Put Up With This Filth?

Joke in this month's Classic and Sportscar:

Q. What is the difference between a skip and an Alfa?

A. The skip gets moved twice a week.

Accompanied by a photoshopped picture of a 75 bootlid with the badge
modified to read T_SKIP.

Tut tut tut.

Halmyre

Old June 1st 04, 01:49 PM
Dr Entropy

On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:58:27 +0100, Halmyre blathered thus:

> Joke in this month's Classic and Sportscar:
>
> Q. What is the difference between a skip and an Alfa?
>
> A. The skip gets moved twice a week.
>
> Accompanied by a photoshopped picture of a 75 bootlid with the badge
> modified to read T_SKIP.
>
> Tut tut tut.
>
> Halmyre

I've a photo of my GTV inna back yard with a plant growing up from the
engine bay... but the Spider's still running! I think they should be
slaggin' Lotus, not Alfa:

"Alfa owners gather 'round eachothers' cars once a month and discuss them,
while Lotus owners gather once a month and pass around photos of their cars on
blocks inna garage and discuss them."

;-P

--
Dr E--
mhm 17x1

"If you can't *handcraft* Usenet chaos, then what is there left?"
-- The 2-Belo

"i'm still not sure exactly what a "flonk" is, but i know it pertains to
children's tv programming..."
-- Tampa Stu

Old June 2nd 04, 09:05 AM
Halmyre

"Dr Entropy" > wrote in message >...
> On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:58:27 +0100, Halmyre blathered thus:
>
> > Joke in this month's Classic and Sportscar:
> >
> > Q. What is the difference between a skip and an Alfa?
> >
> > A. The skip gets moved twice a week.
> >
> > Accompanied by a photoshopped picture of a 75 bootlid with the badge
> > modified to read T_SKIP.
> >
> > Tut tut tut.
> >
> > Halmyre

> I've a photo of my GTV inna back yard with a plant growing up from the
> engine bay... but the Spider's still running! I think they should be
> slaggin' Lotus, not Alfa:
>

> "Alfa owners gather 'round eachothers' cars once a month and discuss them,
> while Lotus owners gather once a month and pass around photos of their cars on
> blocks inna garage and discuss them."
>
> ;-P

LOTUS = Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

A Lotus is a collector's car - you drive a bit, stop, and collect the
bits that have falen off...

I'm sure there must be one for Alfa - Always Lots Falling Apart? Rusty
Old Motors Expire Often?

Halmyre
Old June 2nd 04, 10:05 AM
Adam

"Halmyre" > wrote in message
om...

> LOTUS = Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
>
> A Lotus is a collector's car - you drive a bit, stop, and collect the
> bits that have falen off...
>
> I'm sure there must be one for Alfa - Always Lots Falling Apart? Rusty
> Old Motors Expire Often?

I heard the one for FIAT - "Fix It Again, Tony"

- adam

Old June 2nd 04, 09:37 PM
Catman

Halmyre wrote:

> "Dr Entropy" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:58:27 +0100, Halmyre blathered thus:
>>
>> > Joke in this month's Classic and Sportscar:
>> >
>> > Q. What is the difference between a skip and an Alfa?
>> >
>> > A. The skip gets moved twice a week.
>> >
>> > Accompanied by a photoshopped picture of a 75 bootlid with the badge
>> > modified to read T_SKIP.
>> >
>> > Tut tut tut.
>> >
>> > Halmyre

>> I've a photo of my GTV inna back yard with a plant growing up from the
>> engine bay... but the Spider's still running! I think they should be
>> slaggin' Lotus, not Alfa:
>>

>> "Alfa owners gather 'round eachothers' cars once a month and discuss
>> them, while Lotus owners gather once a month and pass around photos of
>> their cars on blocks inna garage and discuss them."
>>
>> ;-P
>>

> LOTUS = Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
>
> A Lotus is a collector's car - you drive a bit, stop, and collect the
> bits that have falen off...
>
> I'm sure there must be one for Alfa - Always Lots Falling Apart? Rusty
> Old Motors Expire Often?

I'ms surprised no one else knows: A Load Of Flaming Aggro

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 2nd 04, 09:37 PM
Catman

Dr Entropy wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:58:27 +0100, Halmyre blathered thus:
>
>> Joke in this month's Classic and Sportscar:
>>
>> Q. What is the difference between a skip and an Alfa?
>>
>> A. The skip gets moved twice a week.
>>
>> Accompanied by a photoshopped picture of a 75 bootlid with the badge
>> modified to read T_SKIP.
>>
>> Tut tut tut.
>>
>> Halmyre

> I've a photo of my GTV inna back yard with a plant growing up from the
> engine bay... but the Spider's still running! I think they should be
> slaggin' Lotus, not Alfa:

Hi Doc

LTNS, how's it going?

Old June 4th 04, 12:50 PM
Dr Entropy

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:37:28 GMT, Catman > pee'd inna snow, the
following:

Xr Entropy wrote:
X:
X:> On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:58:27 +0100, Halmyre blathered thus:
X:>
X:>> Joke in this month's Classic and Sportscar:
X:>>
X:>> Q. What is the difference between a skip and an Alfa?
X:>>
X:>> A. The skip gets moved twice a week.
X:>>
X:>> Accompanied by a photoshopped picture of a 75 bootlid with the badge
X:>> modified to read T_SKIP.
X:>>
X:>> Tut tut tut.
X:>>
X:>> Halmyre
X:>
X:> I've a photo of my GTV inna back yard with a plant growing up from the
X:> engine bay... but the Spider's still running! I think they should be
X:> slaggin' Lotus, not Alfa:
X:>
X:
X:Hi Doc
X:
X:LTNS, how's it going?

More complexity, less joy lately. Precious little time for things I'd ~rather~ be doing...

....like scannin' th' froups s an' actin' th' goat ;-}

<NewJersey Mode>

How's by youse?

</NewJersey Mode>

Dr E--
mhm 17x1

Linux: Load it, Learn it, Love it.
Old June 4th 04, 06:22 PM
Catman

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 07:50:54 -0400, Dr Entropy >
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:37:28 GMT, Catman > pee'd inna snow, the
>following:
>
>Xr Entropy wrote:
>X:
>X:> On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:58:27 +0100, Halmyre blathered thus:
>X:>
>X:>> Joke in this month's Classic and Sportscar:
>X:>>
>X:>> Q. What is the difference between a skip and an Alfa?
>X:>>
>X:>> A. The skip gets moved twice a week.
>X:>>
>X:>> Accompanied by a photoshopped picture of a 75 bootlid with the badge
>X:>> modified to read T_SKIP.
>X:>>
>X:>> Tut tut tut.
>X:>>
>X:>> Halmyre
>X:>
>X:> I've a photo of my GTV inna back yard with a plant growing up from the
>X:> engine bay... but the Spider's still running! I think they should be
>X:> slaggin' Lotus, not Alfa:
>X:>
>X:
>X:Hi Doc
>X:
>X:LTNS, how's it going?
>
>More complexity, less joy lately. Precious little time for things I'd ~rather~ be doing...
>
>...like scannin' th' froups s an' actin' th' goat ;-}

Ahh. Into every life, a little rain must fall

><NewJersey Mode>
>
>How's by youse?
>
></NewJersey Mode>

Touch wood, pretty cool. BUsiness going well, house going well(ish)
Giulietta just got new cams. Generally happy.

Might even make it over to your neck of the woods sometime next year

>Dr E--
>mhm 17x1
>
>Linux: Load it, Learn it, Love it.

Fix the firewall on it

--
Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21

Old June 7th 04, 01:27 PM
Dr Entropy

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 17:22:47 GMT, Catman > pee'd inna snow, the
following:

X:On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 07:50:54 -0400, Dr Entropy >
X:wrote:
X:
X:>On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:37:28 GMT, Catman > pee'd inna snow, the
X:>following:
X:>
X:>Xr Entropy wrote:
X:>X:
X:>X:> On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:58:27 +0100, Halmyre blathered thus:
X:>X:>
X:>X:>> Joke in this month's Classic and Sportscar:
X:>X:>>
X:>X:>> Q. What is the difference between a skip and an Alfa?
X:>X:>>
X:>X:>> A. The skip gets moved twice a week.
X:>X:>>
X:>X:>> Accompanied by a photoshopped picture of a 75 bootlid with the badge
X:>X:>> modified to read T_SKIP.
X:>X:>>
X:>X:>> Tut tut tut.
X:>X:>>
X:>X:>> Halmyre
X:>X:>
X:>X:> I've a photo of my GTV inna back yard with a plant growing up from the
X:>X:> engine bay... but the Spider's still running! I think they should be
X:>X:> slaggin' Lotus, not Alfa:
X:>X:>
X:>X:
X:>X:Hi Doc
X:>X:
X:>X:LTNS, how's it going?
X:>
X:>More complexity, less joy lately. Precious little time for things I'd ~rather~ be doing...
X:>
X:>...like scannin' th' froups s an' actin' th' goat ;-}
X:
X:Ahh. Into every life, a little rain must fall
X:
X:><NewJersey Mode>
X:>
X:>How's by youse?
X:>
X:></NewJersey Mode>
X:
X:Touch wood, pretty cool. BUsiness going well, house going well(ish)
X:Giulietta just got new cams. Generally happy.
X:
X:Might even make it over to your neck of the woods sometime next year
X:
X:>
We'll be looking forward to that... but we're gonna need a translator ;-}

X:>
X:>Dr E--
X:>mhm 17x1
X:>
X:>Linux: Load it, Learn it, Love it.
X:
X:Fix the firewall on it

mehheh. Been too busy/lazy to update the firewall... I'll get to it. SWMBO's 'ToDo' list has been
skeined down to 'manageablity' in the last week or so.

I even had time this weekend to replace the wanked speedo cable in th' Spider! WooHoo!