What is the best rpm range for 1.6TS engine?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 9th 04, 09:33 AM
has.mac

My favourite region was 4000 - 6500 on my 156 1.6TS. That's where all the
power is.

If you're after economy then up to 3500 should get you near 40mpg.

As for what's best for the engine, I think the usual recommendations apply.
Don't labour the engine, try to avoid regular short journeys that don't let
the engine warm up properly, don't regularly hit the rev limiter, don't drop
the clutch at traffic lights every time.

Other than that, just have fun :-)

has.mac