Chrysler closer to reviving a hot Plymouth Barracuda.

Old December 28th 10, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Chrysler closer to reviving a hot Plymouth Barracuda.

Type it in a search engine,, http://www.devilfinder.com
cuhulin

Old December 28th 10, 08:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_9_]

http://www.devilfinder.com
> cuhulin

How hard could it be? The old Barracuda was virtually the same as a
Challenger. My mother had a '70 Barracuda. The numb-nuts steering wheel
would brush against my thighs and the rear end would frequently break
traction. It had pretty good grunt even with the small 318 engine. I had
a 67 coupe with a 273, that was a clean, fun car. I loved the integrated
vacuum gauge - I wish cars came with that one.
Old December 28th 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N

On Dec 28, 3:45*am, dsi1 > wrote:
> On 12/27/2010 8:23 PM, wrote:
>
> > Type it in a search engine,, * *http://www.devilfinder.com
> > cuhulin

> How hard could it be? The old Barracuda was virtually the same as a
> Challenger. My mother had a '70 Barracuda. The numb-nuts steering wheel
> would brush against my thighs and the rear end would frequently break
> traction. It had pretty good grunt even with the small 318 engine. I had
> a 67 coupe with a 273, that was a clean, fun car. I loved the integrated
> vacuum gauge - I wish cars came with that one.

So the new cuda is going to be a porkbeast like the new Challenger
too?

nate
Old December 28th 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_9_]

On 12/28/2010 9:41 AM, N8N wrote:
> On Dec 28, 3:45 am, > wrote:
>> On 12/27/2010 8:23 PM, wrote:
>>
>>> Type it in a search engine,, http://www.devilfinder.com
>>> cuhulin

>> How hard could it be? The old Barracuda was virtually the same as a
>> Challenger. My mother had a '70 Barracuda. The numb-nuts steering wheel
>> would brush against my thighs and the rear end would frequently break
>> traction. It had pretty good grunt even with the small 318 engine. I had
>> a 67 coupe with a 273, that was a clean, fun car. I loved the integrated
>> vacuum gauge - I wish cars came with that one.

> So the new cuda is going to be a porkbeast like the new Challenger
> too?

I'm not familiar with the term "porkbeast" but my guess is that rednecks
will prefer the Challenger to the Cuda. We know of a woman who lives out
of a Challenger. Say what you will about the new Challenger but it sure
beats lugging around shopping carts and living on the streets.

I loved my Barracuda but that was a different time - I'd rather have an
electric than any ****-ton engine car these days. :-)

Old December 28th 10, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 12/28/2010 04:01 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 9:41 AM, N8N wrote:

>>> How hard could it be? The old Barracuda was virtually the same as a
>>> Challenger. My mother had a '70 Barracuda. The numb-nuts steering wheel
>>> would brush against my thighs and the rear end would frequently break
>>> traction. It had pretty good grunt even with the small 318 engine. I had
>>> a 67 coupe with a 273, that was a clean, fun car. I loved the integrated
>>> vacuum gauge - I wish cars came with that one.

>> So the new cuda is going to be a porkbeast like the new Challenger
>> too?

> I'm not familiar with the term "porkbeast" but my guess is that rednecks
> will prefer the Challenger to the Cuda. We know of a woman who lives out
> of a Challenger. Say what you will about the new Challenger but it sure
> beats lugging around shopping carts and living on the streets.
>
> I loved my Barracuda but that was a different time - I'd rather have an
> electric than any ****-ton engine car these days. :-)

I think the new Challenger looks great... and I'm sure it's got plenty
of power... but seriously? 4000+ lbs. for basically a 4-passenger
coupe? I don't think the original was particularly light, but ISTR it
being around 3500-3600 lbs? Styling was better, too, looked much more
lithe and aggressive, without being cartoonish.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old December 28th 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

http://www.devilfinder.com

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/10/18/...uth-barracuda/

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Old December 29th 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_9_]

On 12/28/2010 1:10 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 04:01 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> So the new cuda is going to be a porkbeast like the new Challenger
>>> too?

>> I'm not familiar with the term "porkbeast" but my guess is that rednecks
>> will prefer the Challenger to the Cuda. We know of a woman who lives out
>> of a Challenger. Say what you will about the new Challenger but it sure
>> beats lugging around shopping carts and living on the streets.
>>
>> I loved my Barracuda but that was a different time - I'd rather have an
>> electric than any ****-ton engine car these days. :-)
>>

> I think the new Challenger looks great... and I'm sure it's got plenty
> of power... but seriously? 4000+ lbs. for basically a 4-passenger coupe?
> I don't think the original was particularly light, but ISTR it being
> around 3500-3600 lbs? Styling was better, too, looked much more lithe
> and aggressive, without being cartoonish.

The old cars I used to drive was around 1800 to 2200 lbs. My Alfa Romeo
Alfetta GTV was a big pig at 2700 lbs. My Hyundai Sonata is 700 lbs
heaver than that. That's the way it is with cars these days.

The heaviest car I ever had was a 67 Mercury Parklane which was probably
a significant amount over 2 tons. Steve McGarrett drove a black 4 door.
Too bad mine was white and had an annoying lifter knock. The guys in the
future will have a hard time imagining the existence of these whales.
What a nice smooth ride it had. :-)

Old December 29th 10, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_9_]

http://www.devilfinder.com
>>> cuhulin
>>>

>> How hard could it be? The old Barracuda was virtually the same as a
>> Challenger. My mother had a '70 Barracuda. The numb-nuts steering
>> wheel would brush against my thighs and the rear end would frequently
>> break traction. It had pretty good grunt even with the small 318
>> engine. I had a 67 coupe with a 273, that was a clean, fun car. I
>> loved the integrated vacuum gauge - I wish cars came with that one.

> http://bringatrailer.com/2010/10/18/...uth-barracuda/

My Barracuda had the bucket seats and console shifter as God intended. I
slashed my thumb on the shifter the first time I ever drove it. It seems
that when you push the button down, it exposed a sharp edge. Beats the
heck out of me how that happened since it wasn't all that sharp. I mush
have gotten too excited with the car.

I gotta feel sorry for all the guys who look back on their previous cars
with disdain. I recall most of the cars I owned with fondness.
Old December 29th 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

On Dec 28, 1:23*am, wrote:
> Type it in a search engine,, * *http://www.devilfinder.com
> cuhulin

Yawn...yet another new supersized version of a 40 year old muscle
car. If memories are all they have to offer I'll look to cars from
other countries.