What Will Rogers said about Congress, Standard Oil, and GeneralMotors

Old January 3rd 11, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default What Will Rogers said about Congress, Standard Oil, and GeneralMotors

http://www.willrogerstoday.com/will_...otes.cfm?qID=3

And that was wayyyy back in November,1928.
cuhulin

Old January 3rd 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Roger Blake[_2_]

On 2011-01-03, > wrote:

http://www.willrogerstoday.com/will_...otes.cfm?qID=3
> And that was wayyyy back in November,1928.

Don't forget the many compliments that Mark Twain had for our
Esteemed Publick Servants as well, back in the 19th century:

http://www.twainquotes.com/Congress.html

--
Roger Blake
(Change "invalid" to "com" for email. Google Groups killfiled due to spam.)
Old January 3rd 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default What Will Rogers said about Congress, Standard Oil, andGeneral...

I haden't heard/read of the twainquotes.com one before.I wrote it down
and I also emailed it to myself.
Maybe I will compare notes.
cuhulin

Old January 4th 11, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

Roger Blake > wrote in news:20110103233751
@news.eternal-september.org:

> On 2011-01-03, > wrote:

http://www.willrogerstoday.com/will_...otes.cfm?qID=3
>> And that was wayyyy back in November,1928.

> Don't forget the many compliments that Mark Twain had for our
> Esteemed Publick Servants as well, back in the 19th century:
>
> http://www.twainquotes.com/Congress.html

According to Clemens, he was himself briefly a Publick Servant along with
his brother Orion, in the Nevada Territory during the administration of
Territorial Governor James Nye. Sam and Orion supposedly cleared a fair bit
of money by levying a bogus "tax" on unsuspecting permit-seekers.

--
Tegger
Old January 4th 11, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> http://www.willrogerstoday.com/will_...otes.cfm?qID=3
>
> And that was wayyyy back in November,1928.
> cuhulin

A lot hasnt changed.. Will Rogers was a man of the people, and if he
said something wise, the people listened, repeated it, and before long
Congress and the Great White Father knew that the people were
united behind this very wiley leader. They still cheated and lied and
stole, but at least there was someone there to keep the truth above
the horizon.

I dont trust much of anybody anymore. The news media lies politically
to advance their individual agenda. The Congress lies and does exactly
what it wants to, regardless of the people.

Hope is not totally lost, but it is fumbling with a roadmap.

Old January 4th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

A local talk radio show (mostly politics) in my area, every once in a
somebody will hit a button, a pre-recorded voice says,
Never Trust Nobody!

I don't trust politicians at all.I trust my little couch buddy doggy.
cuhulin

oil change on a standard transmission [email protected] Technology 12 November 20th 07 02:01 AM
Switching from Standard oil to Synthetic Phil Honda 1 January 16th 06 02:10 AM
Wilderness bills in Congress Andy Jeep 0 August 27th 05 02:26 PM
Got a confession to make, Mr Rogers? Shag VW air cooled 2 May 20th 05 03:19 AM
351W Standard Volume Oil Pump Screen For Crown Victoria / Foxbody Swap Oil Pan [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 February 23rd 05 06:21 PM