Bad Honda Paint

Old March 14th 05, 01:08 PM

Default Bad Honda Paint

I know this has been brought up before, but I can't believe a class
action lawsuit or recall hasn't occurred yet. How many of you have
paint on your Honda that chips like mad? My Accord is a little over 1
year old and probably has 15 chips on the hood. It's never been on
gravel, and I keep my distance from the car in front of me.
Today I noticed something odd right on the front edge of my hood. It
appears that a rock or similar object had hit it, but instead of a
paint chip coming off, part of the surrounding area had cracked and
lifted! This can't be typical of a decent paint job.

Has anyone had any luck getting a response out of your dealer or Honda?

Old March 14th 05, 09:15 PM
MAT

This has been discussed before and I think the big reason is that paint is
inherently less durable because of EPA/environmental impacts of paint
materials.

Old March 15th 05, 07:22 AM
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
"MAT" > wrote:

> This has been discussed before and I think the big reason is that paint is
> inherently less durable because of EPA/environmental impacts of paint
> materials.

Honda uses thick coats of paint rather than a thin layer with a
protective clearcoat.
Old March 16th 05, 10:55 PM
John Horner

> Has anyone had any luck getting a response out of your dealer or Honda?

LOL, you are SOL.

John

Old March 17th 05, 11:10 PM

We're ALL screwed. With goofy formulations like latex-based clear
coat, (nothing like God intended), the paint is generally going to
suck.

If you want great paint, make sure your car comes from Japan or
someplace far, far away from the U.S. air police. They don't have to
worry about polution and do a good job with good materials.