Oops

Old April 29th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Oops

I made a big boo-boo.

Last night the wifey and I were talking Jeeps, and I mentioned in passing
that the 07 Wrangler would be a redesign, with a 4-door version, with
seating for five. She seemed mildly interested.

So today I showed her the pics of it in the latest Four Wheeler; she loved
it. Now I might have to sell my TJ, because she doesn't want to get rid of
her TJL. :-(

I have to think long and hard about Yes Dear-ing this one. I bought some
time when I made the "you shouldn't buy a new design the first couple of
model years because of the bugs" speech.

If I have to sell the TJ, I will insist on a manual trans in the JK.

OK, not insist....more like beg.

--
---
Matt Macchiarolo

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty."
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."
-Edward R. Murrow

"To announce that there must be no criticism
of the President, or that we are to stand by the
President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public."
--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

Old April 29th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Ok, Matt...you are FAR more reasonable than this...it's not a
husband/wife-boss/servant thing. The TJL would have to be the one to go
in trade on the 4dr. Leave the SWB TJ at the crib. There will be no
more....ever.

tw
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

Old April 29th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Actually teh TJ is slated to be handed down to the oldest when he gets his
DL, though he doesn't know it yet. So it will probably stay in the family.

If we have to get rid of something, it'll probably be the Superduty, we
don't use it much anymore since we added the Excursion to the fleet:
http://wolverine4wd.org/rigs/macchiarolo_ml.html

m...

Old April 29th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> So today I showed her the pics of it in the latest Four Wheeler; she loved
> it. Now I might have to sell my TJ, because she doesn't want to get rid of
> her TJL. :-(

i gave up a lot when i got married, but not my nuts!

> If I have to sell the TJ, I will insist on a manual trans in the JK.

whats wrong with an auto?

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Old April 29th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
>> So today I showed her the pics of it in the latest Four Wheeler; she
>> loved it. Now I might have to sell my TJ, because she doesn't want to get
>> rid of her TJL. :-(

> i gave up a lot when i got married, but not my nuts!

I think maybe you may have misplaced them on your first "move" to Montana!

>> If I have to sell the TJ, I will insist on a manual trans in the JK.

> whats wrong with an auto?

Nothing, I prefer the manual to the auto off-road.

Old April 29th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
>> i gave up a lot when i got married, but not my nuts!
>>

> I think maybe you may have misplaced them on your first "move" to Montana!

that didnt require giving up something of mine to suit her. anyway my point
was that if she wants one, have her trade her jeep for one. .......unless
you secretly like the new jeep more than youre telling us. ;-)

personally i havent ruled it out yet. i dont like some of what ive seen,
but im waiting to see one in person before i draw a conclusion.

Old April 29th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yeah, that's a tough call. You've got some nice vehicles. If you're
going to hand down the TJ, you'll start jonesing for another Jeep inside
6 mos., if you haven't already purchased one...but personally, I'd
always have to have a SWB one. The Excursion/F250 descision would be
easy for me. Keep the F250.

Old April 29th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
>>> i gave up a lot when i got married, but not my nuts!
>>>

>> I think maybe you may have misplaced them on your first "move" to
>> Montana!

> that didnt require giving up something of mine to suit her.

And you call yourself married. :-)

anyway my point
> was that if she wants one, have her trade her jeep for one.
> .......unless you secretly like the new jeep more than youre telling us.
> ;-)

Actually on paper it doesn't look so bad, V6 notwithstanding.

As I stated in an earlier post, I'll probably sell the Superduty if we
decide to get one, but if we do it will be 08 model year at the earliest.

My whole original post was really a tongue-in-cheek statement on how far
"Yes, Dear" can be taken.

Old April 29th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thing about the 250, it has just barely enough passenger room for the family
(3 kids, 2 dogs); we traded the wifey's minivan for the Explurgin' , so we
could have enough pass room and the towing capacity of the 250 in the same
vehicle. That and the 250 gets 12mpg, while the excursion gets 20.

om...

Old April 29th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Well it will have first model year bugs, but after a couple of hundred hours
red faced screaming at service representatives, they will all be fixed.
Then you or you heirs will have the vehicle your wife wants. If she really
wants it, then accept the inevitable sacrifices and go for it.

Earle

2003 Rubicon Wild Bill Jeep 8 December 26th 05 02:18 AM
Oops...! Daniel J. Stern Driving 20 November 28th 05 03:04 PM
Thought my Rubicon could fly - oops swbell Jeep 35 July 7th 05 12:02 PM
oops Steph Honda 0 January 10th 05 04:11 PM
Oops, 155 needs new mirror for drivers side (RHD) SteveH Alfa Romeo 0 July 21st 04 11:10 PM