Rear SOA

Old June 8th 05, 04:05 AM
Carl Saiyed

Default Rear SOA

Got the rear of my YJ Sprung over today, or at least ready for welding.
Springing-over is done, pinion angle is dialed in, ect. Talk about a lot of
lift!

Now I just need to get that drop pitman arm installed (waiting on it in the
mail), and get a Tom Wood CV shaft / tailshaft conversion kit.

Just for getting the Jeep home purposes, how much of my slip yoke will go
back into the transfer case with the addition of a 1" t-case drop?

Thanks,

Carl

Old June 8th 05, 04:24 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Carl,
Real Jeep go up with the transfer case to get as much high center
clearance as possible, if you had Dana 300 you would clock it even
higher. That what a constant velocity universal joints and the ability
to point the pinion at the transfer yoke do for you. Measure twice.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...aft/index.html
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 8th 05, 02:13 PM
Mike Romain

Not enough. I would recommend you leave the rear driveshaft out and
only use the front wheels to drive home.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old June 8th 05, 03:15 PM
Mike Romain

I also hear that a WD40 cap will fit over it and I have heard that some
don't spit out fluid?

Mike

Old June 8th 05, 03:58 PM
Carl Saiyed

Haven't heard that some don't, but mine does. The WD-40 cap is a good idea.
I may just trailer it home, if I can get a trailer.

Carl

Old June 8th 05, 06:17 PM
Jeff Strickland

If you can get a trailer?

Isn't that alot like, if we had some eggs we could make a ham and egg
sandwich, if we had some ham?