DYANE!!!!!

Old December 3rd 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

Default DYANE!!!!!

Off topic, but look what I just got!!!

IT's a RHD Citroen Dyane beater from England!
http://rides.webshots.com/album/561640596QVfuav
Old December 3rd 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
> Off topic, but look what I just got!!!
>
> IT's a RHD Citroen Dyane beater from England!
> http://rides.webshots.com/album/561640596QVfuav

congrats Ben.... you always did love the odd cars...LOL...(i do too, but
don't tell...hehe)

Old December 3rd 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

yeppers, that's me!

I couldn't resist, it was cheap. Plus, I had the opportunity for free
shipping
from England!

Old December 3rd 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
> yeppers, that's me!
>
> I couldn't resist, it was cheap. Plus, I had the opportunity for free
> shipping
> from England!

sounds great....total restore on the way?

Old December 3rd 07, 09:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

What and where is the engine/transmission?. If its air cooled despite being
French we,ll forgive you!.Looks vaguely like a beetle thats been stretched
too far!
John

Old December 3rd 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Dec 3, 1:05 am, "John" > wrote:
> What and where is the engine/transmission?. If its air cooled despite being
> French we,ll forgive you!.Looks vaguely like a beetle thats been stretched
> too far!
> John"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> > > wrote in message
> >> yeppers, that's me!

> >> I couldn't resist, it was cheap. Plus, I had the opportunity for free
> >> shipping
> >> from England!

> > sounds great....total restore on the way?- Hide quoted text -

Congrats Ben it looks good, if it was mine I'd drop a chevy engine in
and drive it.
My ex wife almost bought one of those when we moved to Germany because
she thought it was like a beetle. We ended up with a 75 BMW1502
insteed.

Mario

Old December 3rd 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

It's front engined and front wheel drive with a 2 Cylinder 602cc 29 HP
engine
It's the same engine as found in the 2CV.

Old December 6th 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Revi

On 3 dec, 16:19, wrote:
> It's front engined and front wheel drive with a 2 Cylinder 602cc 29 HP
> engine
> It's the same engine as found in the 2CV.
> On Dec 3, 4:05 am, "John" > wrote:
>

> > What and where is the engine/transmission?. If its air cooled despite being
> > French we,ll forgive you!.Looks vaguely like a beetle thats been stretched
> > too far!

> > > sounds great....total restore on the way?- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

The Dyane has got 32HP if it's a AM2 engine!
And it is
Old December 6th 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Howard Rose[_1_]

On 3 Dec, 03:55, wrote:
> Off topic, but look what I just got!!!
>
> IT's a RHD Citroen Dyane beater from England!http://rides.webshots.com/album/561640596QVfuav

Nice one Ben, so you finally got one!

The ELJ registration means that it was first registered in
Bournemouth, Dorset - which is my home town!

(My '66 1300 is registered with GLJ in the plate)

I'll have to check to be sure, but back in the '80s my neighbour had a
'79 V-registered Dyane in that colour... I used to go to school in
it :-)

The vehicle details for ELJ 537V a

Date of Liability 01 04 2008
Date of First Registration 01 08 1979
Year of Manufacture 1979
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 602CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval null
Old December 6th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

I happen to know that it's had it's engine replaced at some point
with a more garden variety 2CV engine!!!
:-)