active speakers nightmare - help !!!

Old December 30th 04, 03:35 PM
Robert K

Default active speakers nightmare - help !!!

Hi,

I drive a 91' Passat Stationwagon. My previous CD Player (Kenwood) was
installed by a technician. However, the CD-player was stolen and now I
am replacing it with another one (Sony CDX-F7705X). I thought that
this time I would be able to do it myself, but it seems that what
looked initially like no-brainer is something beyond my abilities...

My Passat is equipped with 6 original speakers and they are Activ
Speakers.
I have a car manual with all the electrical wiring diagrams, but still
I have problems to connect my CD deck to the speakers. I successfully
wired the CD deck to turn it on, illuminate, play CDs, but there is no
sound coming out as I still struggle with the speakers. I would like
to avoid rewiring my car and changing the speakers.

If some good soul could give me a helping hand on wiring the speakers,
I would be very grateful (and my 3-month baby would enjoy riding the
car even more while playing Baby Einstein Vivaldi ;-) OK, back to the
wires...

My CD deck has the standard wires coming out:
-BLACK (to the metal surface of the car) - connected
-BLUE ("ANT REM", to the power antenna control lead or power supply
lead of antenna booster amplifier) - not connected
-LIGHT BLUE ("ATT", to the interface cable of a car telephone) - not
connected
-ORANGE/WHITE STRIPED (illumination) - connected
-RED (to +12V power terminal which is energized in the accessory
position of the ignition key switch) - connected
-YELLOW (to +12V power terminal which is energized at all times) -
connected
-BLUE/WHITE STRIPED ("AMP REM, to the Amp Remote In of an optional
power amplifier) - not connected

WHITE (left+ ) - not connected
WHITE/BLACK STRIPED (left- ) - not connected

GRAY (right+ ) - not connected
GRAY/BLACK STRIPED (right-) - not connected

GREEN (left+ ) - not connected
GREEN/BLACK STRIPED (left- ) - not connected

PURPLE (right+ ) - not connected
PURPLE/BLACK STRIPED (right-) - not connected

My Passat has the following free wires sticking out:
BLUE/BROWN - not connected
GREEN - not connected
BLUE - not connected
BLUE/RED - not connected
RED/BLACK - not connected
WHITE/BLUE - already connected to the harness by the previous
technician
BROWN - (looks to me like ground) - already connected to the harness
by the previous technician

The manual I use is: VW Passat 1900-1993 by Robert Bentley Publishers
(1996),
the wiring diagram I am referring to is on pages 91-10-6 & 91-10-7
(1991-1992 Stereo radio w/six amplified speakers)

Can someone please hint which cables in my Passat I should connect the
speaker wires to in order to get the speakers finally working? I will
be monitoring this group for any replies and helpful tips. Thank you!

Robert
Old December 30th 04, 05:08 PM
Gustavo Arriagada

Try looking this page:

http://www.corrado-club.com/aktiv/Upgrades.cfm

T.-

om...

Old December 30th 04, 05:09 PM
Gustavo Arriagada

This is the right URL:

http://www.corrado-club.com/aktiv/

"Gustavo Arriagada" > escribió en el
mensaje ...
> [...]
>>
>> My Passat has the following free wires sticking out:
>> BLUE/BROWN - not connected
>> GREEN - not connected
>> BLUE - not connected
>> BLUE/RED - not connected
>> RED/BLACK - not connected
>> WHITE/BLUE - already connected to the harness by the previous
>> technician
>> BROWN - (looks to me like ground) - already connected to the harness
>> by the previous technician
>>
>> The manual I use is: VW Passat 1900-1993 by Robert Bentley Publishers
>> (1996),
>> the wiring diagram I am referring to is on pages 91-10-6 & 91-10-7
>> (1991-1992 Stereo radio w/six amplified speakers)
>>
>> Can someone please hint which cables in my Passat I should connect the
>> speaker wires to in order to get the speakers finally working? I will
>> be monitoring this group for any replies and helpful tips. Thank you!

My YJ needs front speakers... Select Increments Centra Pod? BassClefJeeper Jeep 3 January 8th 05 11:23 AM
Rear amped speakers vitonxl Audi 1 October 17th 04 08:38 PM
Ordered my 2005 E60... further thoughts on active steering and ARS? david olson BMW 10 October 10th 04 07:57 PM
Speakers in Audi 80 Robert Newton Audi 3 July 1st 04 11:12 PM