Your opinion is requested (App0721)

Old July 27th 03, 08:11 PM
nocents

Default Your opinion is requested (App0721)

Wat does this have to do with marine aquariums?????

"Norman" wrote in message
We would like your anonymous opinions on some very controversial
issues. If you would like to participate in a survey on these
issues, please go to:

http://www.psychrsrch.net/entry.html

All responses will remain confidential and anonymous.

Old July 27th 03, 10:22 PM
plaguebeast

"Norman" wrote in message
We would like your anonymous opinions on some very controversial
issues. If you would like to participate in a survey on these
issues, please go to:

http://www.psychrsrch.net/entry.html

All responses will remain confidential and anonymous.

my opinion is that this is spam. But, remember, this is just my opinion.

Old August 1st 03, 05:05 AM
MJB

As a legitimate research psychologist I consider this to be worse than spam.
Anyone here sufficiently net savy to track down the person(s) who is (are)
broadcasting this questionnaire and where the results are being returned to?

Mike Brondino

Old August 1st 03, 05:10 AM
Marc Levenson

I don't even click on stuff like that.

Marc

--
Personal Page: http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/oanda/index.html
Business Page: http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com

Old August 1st 03, 07:36 AM
richard reynolds

Default Your opinion is requested (App0721) OT response further info

As a legitimate research psychologist I consider this to be worse than spam.
Anyone here sufficiently net savy to track down the person(s) who is (are)
broadcasting this questionnaire and where the results are being returned to?

Mike Brondino

"This questionnaire is intended to obtain objective data for a legitimate scientific
investigation. However, neither the questionnaire itself nor the research are sponsored or
supported by any recognized professional, academic, or religious organization or group.
The sensitive nature of this investigation regretfully requires anonymity to protect the
researchers from personal, academic, and professional harassment from various individuals
and organizations who are opposed to any and all enlightening research in this
controversial area."

very interesting text if i can say so myself

interesting normally i skip over these, but there were a number of responses, it seems
totally fake
it asks for M or F as if to ask different questions, they both apear to be the same q's
maybee i screwed something up
it also had some really odd questions didnt give any real answers and wouldnt do so on an
in secure site even if i was interested

some simple look up
Domain Name: PSYCHRSRCH.NET
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL:
http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.FNF-WEB.COM
Name Server: NS2.FNF-WEB.COM
Updated Date: 24-mar-2003
Creation Date: 07-jan-2003
Expiration Date: 07-jan-2004
enom is a domain reseller
the ip for the machine 202.157.161.221
and that IP is owned by

inetnum: 202.157.161.0 - 202.157.162.255
netname: WEBVISIONS-COLO
country: SG
descr: Webvisions Pte Ltd
descr: Co-location and dedicated servers
descr: For spam/abuse issues, please e-mail
admin-c: IP6-AP
tech-c: MH352-AP
tech-c: MA166-AP
status: ASSIGNED NON-PORTABLE
changed:
20030626
mnt-by: MAINT-SG-WEBVISIONS
source: APNIC

person: Indra Pramana
address: Webvisions Pte Ltd
address: 75 Science Park Drive
address: #02-06/08 Cintech II
address: Singapore Science Park I
address: Singapore 118255
country: SG
phone: +65-6773-9492
fax-no: +65-6773-9389
e-mail:

nic-hdl: IP6-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-SG-WEBVISIONS
changed:
20020719
source: APNIC

person: Mohamad Zulkifli Hanafi
nic-hdl: MH352-AP
e-mail:

address: 75 Science Park Drive
address: #02-06/08 Cintech II
address: Singapore Science Park I
address: Singapore 118255
phone: +65-6773-9550
fax-no: +65-6773-9389
country: SG
changed:
20030303
mnt-by: MAINT-SG-WEBVISIONS
source: APNIC

person: Mohamad Faizal Abas
nic-hdl: MA166-AP
e-mail:

address: 75 Science Park Drive
address: #02-06/08 Cintech II
address: Singapore Science Park I
address: Singapore 118255
phone: +65-6773-9312
fax-no: +65-6773-9389
country: SG
changed:
20030528
mnt-by: MAINT-SG-WEBVISIONS
source: APNIC

out of US and into singapore, id consider it totally bogus
richard reynolds

Old August 1st 03, 11:55 PM
Chauncey Gardener

In article , MJB
wrote:

As a legitimate research psychologist I consider this to be worse than spam.

I agree. Furthermore- as I'm sure you realize- this survey can have no
scientific value, given the fact that its sample is self-selected.

Those who are promoting it are either poor researchers, or they have
some other agenda.

Their assurance of anonymity doesn't mean much given that it is
possible for them to record the IP addresses of those who answer their
questionnaire.

--
To reply by email, please edit return address as indicated.